Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone is having this problem.. The toolbox (behind the seat) keeps opening while I am riding.. I'll close it, lock it with the key, but sometimes when I arrive at my destination it will be open. Luckily the mini tool bag is secured with that rubber strap, and I don't keep anything else in there so I haven't lost anything.. It doesn't seem like anything is worn down, although if I pull hard enough it will open even when locked. I'm going to keep it closed with electrical tape, but I was hoping maybe someone had a fix for this..

Thanks..

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
What you need to do is loosen up the nut inside slide the locking mec. up tighten it down then use some clear silcone and seal the threads so that it wont loosen up again. Commen problem with the trunk box.

Peace :beerchug:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you need to do is loosen up the nut inside slide the locking mec. up tighten it down then use some clear silcone and seal the threads so that it wont loosen up again. Commen problem with the trunk box.

Peace :beerchug:
Thanks, I'll try that when I get home!

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
gorilla tape

I used black gori;;a tape as a hinge cause that stuff is tough durable and the black looks good on the black plastic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts