Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a quick fix for this? It seems like either the plastic catch is worn or is somehow misaligned. Is this a common problem?

-Robert

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Is there a quick fix for this? It seems like either the plastic catch is worn or is somehow misaligned. Is this a common problem?
-Robert
...not that I am aware of.....is the metal Lock Tab of proper length ?

?

:smiley_th

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
is the hinge starting to fail....and by hinge, I mean the thin plastic that bends when you open it. It might be that the bottom seam is starting to separate.

Heavy duty packing tape will fix it.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
is the hinge starting to fail....and by hinge, I mean the thin plastic that bends when you open it. It might be that the bottom seam is starting to separate.

Heavy duty packing tape will fix it.
Duct tape is your friend :doh:

EDIT: Suggestion....Occasionally riders lose the entire Lock on the road..... to prevent, place RTV or Silicone on the threads of the Lock Latch.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I figured it out. The bolts for the seat were loose causing the plastic box to ride up and not catch the latch. Tightening the bolts seems to have fixed it. I usually just hand tighten them so I'll have easy access to the battery. Need to find wings nuts or similar I guess.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I think I figured it out. The bolts for the seat were loose causing the plastic box to ride up and not catch the latch. Tightening the bolts seems to have fixed it. I usually just hand tighten them so I'll have easy access to the battery. Need to find wings nuts or similar I guess.
That seems strange to me. I thought the door and back panel were bolted to the box making it one solid unit....so if the box "rode up" the door would too.....

But yes, do use a goop of silicone on the lock threads...many have lost the entire lock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Don't think a bunch of people's lockboxes have doors on them anymore. I know mine didn't come with a door at first

1 - 11 of 11 Posts