Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I didn't check the lock to see if it was loose. Well it was and I lost the lock. Does anybody have the length of the barrel of the lock? I bought one to replace it but the barrel was too long and goes to far into the toolbox and the lock won't line up with the catch inside the box. I will silicone the nut on this time. Thanks Guys. Oh and I did search in the verses and couldn't find the length. Might have missed it tho.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Lock

Standard cam lock will work. I bought one at our local hardware store had three different tabs all were to long . I took the flat one to work and ground about a half inch off it worked perfect.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Does anybody have the length of the barrel of the lock? I bought one to replace it but the barrel was too long and goes to far into the toolbox and the lock won't line up with the catch inside the box.
Standard cam lock will work. I bought one at our local hardware store had three different tabs all were to long . I took the flat one to work and ground about a half inch off it worked perfect.
idk.....suggest 1/4" shaft length....

good luck

:smiley_th

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
if you need one, I have a working lock (complete with trunk, broken hinge) I can part with.

you will need to get a keymade/rekeyed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts