Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I should have known. Was out riding Sunday and dicovered, too late, that the lock on my tool box that's behind my seat on my 2001 Vulcan was missing. I have had it come loose before and never did anything about it but tighten it up. So does anyone know what to replace it with besides the replacement from Kawasaki that costs $58.00? And how in the world do they justify a small lock and key being that expensive. Is it possible to go and get one of the locks they use on file cabinets or has Kawasaki got me at their mercy.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Went out and looked and couldn't find a code on mine. The previous owner had replaced the stock one (that likely fell off) so I know no history on it.

However, it appears to be little more than a cabinet lock...

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info

Bought a lock at the local hardware store before I got home today and read this post. Only spent eight dollars for everything I needed but I like the looks of the Home Depot one better so will go there this weekend. One way or another this will cost me under 15.00 to repair. So there Kawasaki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to have a KZ550 and was a member of KZRider web site. So glad this site is here for my Vulcan. I love my bike and the idea of a Harley is still a distant thought. I'm short so I lowered it with shorter springs and it fits me perfect. Great bike for us ladies, figures they would stop making them.
Anyways, thanks for the help. I'll keep posting.
Lynn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts