Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come up with a better idea than the plastic box on the back of the seat? I have the template made to replace the tool box with a plate of aluminum and incorporate a brake light into it. With adding a brake light I can "smooth" the fender and axle mount the license plate. It will all be CNC cut for perfect fit, and a bright polish. With adding my own brake light, the customizing is endless.
Any thoughts on this? Or more work than worth?
My next task to tackle, aluminum ear covers with some kind of engraving, i.e. flames, or the Kawasaki symbol.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
woodydh said:
Has anyone come up with a better idea than the plastic box on the back of the seat? I have the template made to replace the tool box with a plate of aluminum and incorporate a brake light into it. With adding a brake light I can "smooth" the fender and axle mount the license plate. It will all be CNC cut for perfect fit, and a bright polish. With adding my own brake light, the customizing is endless.
Any thoughts on this? Or more work than worth?
My next task to tackle, aluminum ear covers with some kind of engraving, i.e. flames, or the Kawasaki symbol.
Thanks!
Heck I like your ideas....customization is the the name of the game!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
woodydh said:
....I have the template made to replace the tool box with a plate of aluminum ....
I almost did the same thing when I lost the lock on my box.
I ended up just attaching a nylon camera bag there so I'd still have some extra storage space.
But the brakelight idea sounds like it'd be pretty cool.

I have also thought about recovering the ears, but right now I'm working on a combo set of floorboards & highwayboards instead.
The boards themself have been produced by CNC, just gotta figure out how/where I'm going to mount them.
If I can (read as "If The Boss Lets Me !!), I'm going to try to get the Vulcan "V" CNC laser cut into them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts