Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to artmann donating some stock needles to my cause, I rode the bike to work today. It was fun!

First time commuting with the hard bags on, how nice to carry my stuff so easily.

Hint of a stumble cruising, slight miss WOT approaching 7K, but close enough to run. Will pull plugs when I get home and see how mixture looks. Then perhaps throw one shim under each needle if it looks lean.

Needs a wash badly!!! Will try to get some pictures this weekend after cleaning it to show rear t/s relocation and hard bags.

Jon

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Feels good Huh!
Everytime my bike has been laid up (briefly) When it finally hits the road there is always that little bit of doubt and lack of trust, but it is quickly regained.
One thing nice about doing your own work.. you KNOW the bike so much better.

Here's to good weather and fine roads!

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I REALLY miss my XM radio though !

Not sure I want to ride with music pumped in through ear buds, I think more important to hear what's going on around you.

But really do miss the XM.

Jon

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Ride to Work

Hey Jon I was glad to help !!!!! But dude your first ride was to WORK !!
Well any ride is better than no ride..........I'm still trying to get fully recovered from my roll in the gravel so I can get on up to the Leesburg Bikefest..........maybe I'll see ya on the way up there. Have a great weekend

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jon I was glad to help !!!!! But dude your first ride was to WORK !!
Well any ride is better than no ride..........I'm still trying to get fully recovered from my roll in the gravel so I can get on up to the Leesburg Bikefest..........maybe I'll see ya on the way up there. Have a great weekend
Art -

I had a feeling you were off line. I hope you start feeling better real soon!

I went out for a quick spin last night after throwing in your needles and saw enough to know it was good enough to use.

Stay in touch next week regarding Leesburg. We are thinking to go Saturday.

Thanks again for the needles.

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jon, I'm glad to hear you're riding again! I know the feeling. Once you're back on the bike, it's hard to stop. I know all the back roads and long way home from just about anywhere round here!
Those back roads are especially handy here on a Friday afternoon!

Jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts