Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is your last chance to get top-shelf Alpinestars protection for the low price of $129 with free shipping to any address in the lower 48 states! Take advantage of this Alpinestars sale before it’s too late – quantities are limited – call Mike at 866.931.6644 ext 804 before we run out!
At the answer hit extension 804. Just ordered one for a buddy

Alpinestars SMK jackets are made with 1.2-1.4mm high-quality bovine leather and include CE-certified armor in the elbows and shoulders for impact protection. There’s also a foam padded insert in the back which can be upgraded with a CE-certified back protector for a nominal fee. This leather jacket is designed with comfort in mind, with stretch accordion panels located in the shoulders and just behind the elbows. These impart an extra degree of flexibility while providing full-coverage abrasion resistance. A comfortable neoprene liner is used on the neck and both wrists to keep leather from chaffing the skin and there’s also a fully-removable internal liner so you can adapt the jacket to a wide range of riding conditions.

FREE SHIPPING TOO

Sizes available:
Black: 44, 46
Blue: 44, 46, 48
Red: 48

These are not available on our website at this Alpinestars sale price so you must call Mike at 866.931.6644 ext 804 to order today!

Zip-out liner means this jacket is ready for the weather – good or bad.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i had the same 'ad' on the Victory motorcycle forum, about to call
I seems to be from discount rider, and of course it's not listed so i will call just to see ;)

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry folks. I guess I got a "D" in posting. I do not work for the company. Have been looking for a present for a riding buddy that gave my youngest daughter & her beau two 50yd/ln tickets to the Iron Bowl last month. Found this offer on the "other" Kawasaki board. Am on the road this morning but will post the link to the store before lunch. For some reason, I don't have the magic elixir that allows me to copy/paste photos.
I'm so ashamed at my incomplete posting... a premature post....dang I'm sorry.
That hasn't happened to me in a long time

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ No biggie dude, I think we just weren't sure if this was a suggestion from a fellow member or one of the new adverts we're likely to start seeing more of. If it was an advert, they would've gotten a solid F! You're a member so you're not supposed to be an expert. You're in the clear buddy, no worries. I've been here 3 years, I still screw up posts. LOL!!!

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I don't see anything on that website that's leather for a buck 29 but I might be missing something. The link takes you to a jacket that's 400 beans. Again, might just be me...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
^ Yep, what it shows me is Alpinestars SMK @ $399.95, a long ways from $129...
Of course it could be like Amazon.com, there is a grill that I started to order @ $86.20 + free ship, by the time I decided to pull the trigger (a couple of hours) it jumped to $101.?? ... So, I just dropped the ball on it till after Christmas or even spring...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I said in the first post, call the toll free number hit ext. 804
Mike will answer and you are cooking at $129 ( if they have any left)
Free shipping. Mine has already gone out.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
It`s a nice looking jacket but Jason`s review says it is heavy and the zippers feel like they are going to break.
I don`t see any mention of reflectorized panels or piping for night riding.

How heavy is your jacket?
Leather or textile?
What brand and model/style?
Armored?

In the 8th paragraph of this story Daniel Myers says his jacket weighs #30+. http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2005/11/16/theSmellOfLeather.html

That seems awfully heavy to me.
Does anyone here have a jacket that heavy?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a FoxCreek classic II shipping weight is 9+ lbs.
Very heavy leather, no armor. Great jacket. I would guess it would stop most everything but a bullet. As for the features of the Alpinestar, @ $129. out the door, In Alabama it gets maybe 10-15 days on the road a year, I think it is a great deal from a top rated company.
But that's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors........
I'll have my buddy write a review after 1 year of use.

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
In the 8th paragraph of this story Daniel Myers says his jacket weighs #30+. http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2005/11/16/theSmellOfLeather.html

That seems awfully heavy to me.
Does anyone here have a jacket that heavy?
My thinking he is exaggerating, or he has his pockets full of tools. Both my Fieldsheer winter jacket with armor and my leather non-armored jacket weigh less than 10 lbs.Granted, they are heavy..but no where near 30 lbs.

I think even my armored pants, with lining, and the jacket with lining would still not make 30 pounds together.
It may feel like 30 pounds......

Keep in mind I am a size 38-40.....and...
He did say something about being a 6 foot 300 pound biker....... I would guess a really , really, really large persons bike jacket might approach 30 pounds.

KM

·
Registered
668 Posts
I ordered one today total of $130 something with tax and free shipping :) can't wait to get it.
Like i said earlier i have seen this on various bike forum, it's legit :)
the link said $399 but if you dial the extension its gravy :)

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
Maybe you should have checked this.
No armor. I'd pick an Alpinestars over it anyway.

There is ALOT of "biker" leather out there. And it really does not matter a whole lot where it is made,....but there is some cheap stuff for sure, and some "good for the money" stuff also.

Just keep in mind that your gear is much like your helmet...it is there to protect you, and you have to be sure it will do the job it was made for.

I'm not dissing black leather, but I like the idea of being seen.... more than "looking cool".

I find reviews on jackets rarely have crash test data included...;)

KM

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KM Ditto , got the jacket yesterday. RED ( I mean RED) White & Black. Highly visable, completely well made. Mi Amigo rides a black Honda, w/ a Black helmet. We are old coots so mainly daylight riders. Great Elbow protection and adequate lower back pads. Never heard of Jafrum. Solid thick leather. Could not be happier with the deal.
Called back to order the solid black for myself, SOLD OUT. I will get my buddy to ink a review. Leather is as thick as a saddle.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
We are old coots so mainly daylight riders.
Know exactly what you mean, I told someone the other day if it wasn't for cranking mine up in the shed and seein the headlight shine on the back wall I wouldn't even know if it was working or not... I probably should ride it out some night and see if it's possum huntin or frog huntin on the road...lol...
I turned 74 last week, so I know about the old coot deal...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts