Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Well, you do not have to pull the engine, but at least tilt in in the frame, so you can remove the stock cover..

KM
I stand corrected by KM, but a tilt is only about 10 minutes short of a pull according to a recent thread. So it is still quite a bit of work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pulling the engine and paying $450 for the convenience of not having to pull it again seems like a decision based upon an overly optimistic assessment regarding the length of time a person would own a given VN750, given their pricing in the market.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I sort of agree with Hammmy. I've thought about doing this but I would have to make absolutely sure that I was going to keep the Vulcan for a very long time for it to be worth the time, cost and effort.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 750, but I've also thought about trading up in a few years.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
EdAlbris has modified his frame. Believe he took a subframe from another bike and welded it into place. Photos are in his gallery.

·
Hoser
118 Posts
I have thought about cutting and welding the frame if it ever comes up, has anybody done this??
Only if you fabricate a VERY solid jig to hold it all in place prior to cutting.

I would sleeve the frame at the cuts prior to welding them back on, clearances may be tight for getting clean steel and a good weld.

Sooo, unless you already have a frame jig, it would be much faster to pull the motor even if you have access to a complete fab shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts