Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 with cobra slash pipes and just don't care for the loudness and popping. What are my options? don't need it as quiet as stock(but maybe go back to stock with a de-goat?) but would like to control the popping. some things I have seen are coasters, re jetting though I talked to the local Kaw mechanic who said I didn't need to re jet. What are your thoughts and options.
Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Woody said:
I have a 99 with cobra slash pipes and just don't care for the loudness and popping. What are my options? don't need it as quiet as stock(but maybe go back to stock with a de-goat?) but would like to control the popping. some things I have seen are coasters, re jetting though I talked to the local Kaw mechanic who said I didn't need to re jet. What are your thoughts and options.
Thanks.
Getting rid of the popping is easy.
I wrote a step by step 'Coastering Your VN750'...it is in this forum down there somewhere. Part of this mod, tweaking the A/F mixture screws, can be done anytime to help reduce the popping.
No re-jetting necessary, altho I did eventually go to 135 main jets (you can install w/the carbs on the bike) just because....
Maybe your Cobras need repacking???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts