Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read about two schools of thought on this... some cap/plug the right carb vacuum line after doing an ear shave, but some run a tube with a filter on it.

What is the reasoning for doing it either way???

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
You read something wrong...

Cap the vacuum line on the right side of the carb (the bike will run like ****, if at all if you don't).

Either leave the VENT in the center of the 2 carbs open or run a filter from it.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The right carb vacuum line goes to the exhaust gas valve that controls the reed valves for the EPA stuff. If you shave but don't coaster, leave the line on. If you coaster or marble along with the ear shave, plug the line.
I believe the line curtis is referring to is really the carb bowl vent line which should NOT be capped. You will have to reroute it out of the wind stream as with the ear shave, it won't have an ear to go into anymore but other than that, it should be OK

·
Registered
476 Posts
The right carb vacuum line goes to the exhaust gas valve that controls the reed valves for the EPA stuff. If you shave but don't coaster, leave the line on. If you coaster or marble along with the ear shave, plug the line.
I believe the line curtis is referring to is really the carb bowl vent line which should NOT be capped. You will have to reroute it out of the wind stream as with the ear shave, it won't have an ear to go into anymore but other than that, it should be OK
Ditto!! :rockon:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts