Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Folks, ya ever get the feeling you're lookin' right at it but can't see it? '94 with 42k, getting the "stumbling" at 75 mph but can't see why! Runs fine until that point but cuts out everytime at 75. Carbs have been cleaned, pulled apart the gas cap and cleaned it, checked the air fliters (found a piece of papper stuck in the few weeks ago - but still have the problem). I can't see any of the vacum lines disconnected. What am I missing?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Check to be sure the fuel is making it to the carb. In-tank filter clogged, petcock clogged, fuel lines clogged, ect. Also, be sure the vent line for the carbs is not plugged or bottomed out on the right side ear. Weak spark can also cause this so be sure your plugs and wires are good.
Goodluck.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
With the right ear vent line cut at an angle, there's no chance of it bottoming out.
Besides checking the air filters, did you clean & re-oil them?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Check the boots that connect your air filter housing to the airbox (it looks like you still have one!) - if they're not seated completely (past the double-seal), a slight bump when walking past can create a little opening that'll limit your fuel flow. I'm assuming you're also at full throttle at that speed (if not, I want to trade bikes!) - what'd you clean the carbs with, particularly the main jet?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Check the boots that connect your air filter housing to the airbox (it looks like you still have one!) - if they're not seated completely (past the double-seal), a slight bump when walking past can create a little opening that'll limit your fuel flow. I'm assuming you're also at full throttle at that speed (if not, I want to trade bikes!) - what'd you clean the carbs with, particularly the main jet?
Heheheheh...near full throttle in 3rd gear, maybe! Seriously, Cindy, at full throttle in 5th, a 750 will put the speedometer at 140mph and tach redline. Mine was up there before I bought it; the PO was riding back from El Paso to San Antone, and there's a whole lotta nothin' out there for a looooong ways. Of course, he hit reserve at around 68 miles...

I had her to 126 one time, with room to spare in the throttle, before I put the fairing on. IIRC, that was with the V-Force 'shield, and she just got more stable the faster she went. The fairing has a warning label; Do Not Exceed is 95mph, and the front end starts getting a tad bit light at 115. I very rarely go over 75 anymore, or 85-90 when passing.

Jim

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well Cindy, I'll double check the boots...and no, that's not full throttle...had her 120 before a scared myself to the point of swearing to never do that again.

Thanks t everyne fr their suggestions...keep'em coming. We'll get'er yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts