Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after replacing the R/R, spark plugs, new battery, air filters, oil, coolant, coolant pipes, choke cable, fuel lines, it was time to try to start her up. the starter will crank intermediately and I noticed the postive terminal on the battery got extremely HOT just after crank 3 or 4 times. All the other electical components seem to be working. What does this mean and what do I start checking?

·
D2u
175 Posts
I'm sure Lance will chime in on this and get you pointed in the right direction:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
read about me" breaking my own rule"in this same section and you will find one possibility ,the first thing is to check all the big black wires going to te starter and make sure they are clean and tight and the battery to frame grounds and the frame to engine grounds as well

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
To start with, remove that positive lead and make sure it is clean and tight. Then check the impedance(resistance) from the positive terminal all the way down through the fuse box to be sure there are no bad connections.

Is that a known good battery? Internal terminal connection could be bad.

Jon

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ground wires

Yep, the ground wires were the problem. She started up for the first time last week and I rode it up and down the block to check the shifting and what not. But....My headlight won't come on. I checked to see if the system is charging and it is. I found that there is no power flowing through the head light fuse circuit on the junction box. Now what ?? No highbeams, lowbeams or headlight indicator lighting up.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Yep, the ground wires were the problem. She started up for the first time last week and I rode it up and down the block to check the shifting and what not. But....My headlight won't come on. I checked to see if the system is charging and it is. I found that there is no power flowing through the head light fuse circuit on the junction box. Now what ?? No highbeams, lowbeams or headlight indicator lighting up.
Clean the contacts on the HL switch on the left side, If that does not work you HL relay is probably shot. Follow this link.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11495

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What have I sacrificed?

So I moved the blue wire on the junction box 8- pin conntector to the Acce. position and wha-la....the headlight is working. But what does this mean as for proper functionality of the system? I supposed I need to replace the Junction box?

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
So I moved the blue wire on the junction box 8- pin conntector to the Acce. position and wha-la....the headlight is working. But what does this mean as for proper functionality of the system? I supposed I need to replace the Junction box?
I have been using mine like that seince the day I bought it. I replaced the JB for other reasons and never moved the wire to the propper position. I haven't had any problems.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Cheap Moncler,Moncler Cheap clothing including Cheap Moncler tops, Cheap Moncler bottoms, Cheap Moncler accessories.
SPAMMER !................Again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts