Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since many motorcycles no longer come with center stands/work stands, this TiRox SnapJack may be of interest to some of you with another mc besides the vn750.

After putting your bike on the side stand, this jack is attached to the right side of the swingarm and lifts your back tire off the ground to service a chain or find and plug a puncture in the tread, etc.

MO Tested: TiRox SnapJack

Every now and again, we come across a product so simple in its design, yet so effective in its intended purpose, we can’t help but ask ourselves, “Why didn’t I think of that?” The SnapJack is one such product. Essentially it’s a scissor jack you place under the right side of the swingarm. Snap it into place and the rear tire sits about a half-inch off the ground – just enough room to spin it and get the chain rolling.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
That's cool Hoss. Some of us Vulcan owners don't have center stands either.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. Glad to hear the "heads up" was useful to you km. :)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
What's the price?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yeah, it's not a solution for a roadside repair. As to finding a spot, I've never had trouble with putting it on the swingarm to get the tire off the ground.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Certainly true as well. I make the mistake of assuming most people that do work on their own bikes also own such things for working on their four wheeled machines.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I have seen different versions of this idea on another forum that caters more toward "adventure" type riders. I can see this maybe working on a really small bike, but I wouldn't remove a wheel on a 750 size bike supported just by this. I have always fixed my own flat tires (and I have had more than my share) I have 2 plugs in my rear tire right now, with about 10,000 miles of tread left. Fortunately the Vulcan 750 has tubeless tires. There is no way I could remove or replace a rear tire beside the road with what I could carry on the bike, even with the centerstand. And of course there is no chain to deal with.

I have had many flats (mostly rear, for some unknown reason) on my Yamaha XT225 dual sport, which is mostly ridden off road. It now has an aftermarket centerstand on it, which is no longer available. Before that, I used the milk crate I have bolted to the luggage rack. I unloaded it, removed it from the rack, flipped it upside down, and lifted the bike up on it.

On my former Honda 250 Rebel, which had tube tires and no centerstand, I actually welded an L shaped bracket with a 1/2" hole in it to the swingarm. I used a piece of 1/2" threaded rod with 2 nuts and washers on it, put the sidestand on a piece of 2x4 to get the bike as vertical as possible, then put the threaded rod through the hole in the bracket on the other side of the bike, and turned the nut under the bracket until it raised the rear wheel off the ground, then tightened the top nut down on it, so the rod was bolted securely to the bike, eliminating the possibility of it slipping off. The same idea, using a bigger stronger rod, should work on a larger bike. I would definitely want whatever is holding the bike up to be securely bolted to the bike before removing a wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts