Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didn't the Vulcan 750's come originally with white lettering on the tires?
or am i thinking of some other bike?

i have a 96 just recently bought that does not have original tires.. and i notice the tread looks good, but there are small cracks on the sidewalls that probably means i should get new tires fairly soon.

i'm looking at all your guys bike pictures, and don't see any with lettering on the sidewalls.

so did they always come with blackwalls? or is the white lettering not available anymore?

and i have to second all the comments about the great help this forum/site is.
so many other forums i'm been on have a severe lack of respect that you guys do not exhibit... what a great bunch of guys ! :beerchug:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I've also got the Elite II's on my Vulcan.....

But.....
You may have a tough time finding them. They were discontinued for the Elite III's, which I think aren't available in RWL.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
variety pack on mine, letters on back none on front,soon to be black on both ends

·
Registered
235 Posts
bridgestone spitfire tires come in rwl or bkwl. just replaced mine with bkwl metzler 880's. pics of the spitfires in my album

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
decided on Metzelers

ok.. after reading all the posts here about tires... i decided to go with the newer Metzeler Marathon ME880's....
and there seemed to be a good consensus to use a 110/90 on the front.
so ordered 110/90 and 150/190 from www.motorcycle-superstore.com.
3 days, no shipping, and the lowest price i found. ($108 front, $157 rear)

i guess if i really need to have white lettering, i can get some sidewall tire lettering paint and paint whatever lettering is ont he side of the metzlers.

and i'm going to have them put on/balanced, plus lube the spline, by a bike shop down the road named "Wanted, Dead or Alive"... intimidating name, but the guys seem to know what they are doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts