Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so there is a recent post about the metzlers and it got me thinking about tires... i looked through the verses and saw there wa a post in there about tire sizes such as 140 and 150's.. i understand that logic with the width but can i go larger with the sidewall?? mainly for fuel economy seeing as there is nothing within like 30 miles each direction? i mean i will end up getting stock but i was wondering as to what the largest and smallest possible tire sizes... just for future reference..

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Largest, on stock rims-

For the front, 110, maybe 120 with the fender removed. May be an issue with the fork seal area as well with a 120.

For the rear, 170. Stock sidewall height is 135, the 170/80 sidewall height is 136. The 170/90 sidewall height is 153.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
My take is, like Doug said, there is very little difference in the stock & 170x80 height of the rear tire, but the front using the 110x90 will correct up your speedo but show less on the odometer also, and you may think you are not getting the gas milage that you did before, but you really are...lol... Crap, I don't even know what I said...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Non stock tire sizes

The vn750 im restoring has stock size front tire, and a 140/90 rear. Can anyone think of a reason why someone would like a skinnier tire? Just looking at it compared to a stock vulcan the biggest noticeable difference is in sidewall height.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The vn750 im restoring has stock size front tire, and a 140/90 rear. Can anyone think of a reason why someone would like a skinnier tire? Just looking at it compared to a stock vulcan the biggest noticeable difference is in sidewall height.
Maybe it was the cheapest tire the PO could find that'd fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts