Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past, I've read/been told ....etc do this / apply that ....to protect our tires....
ATF - ArmorAll - this stuff - that stuff ? ? ?
Is their a consensus on any thoughts ?
- :smile2: -

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Soap n water. That's all I use now.

My new front tire had cracks between the tread on the day I got it. Of course you would never put slickum on the tread.

Damn thing is leaking for about a foot around the bead. Lost 2psi in 100 miles yesterday.

Thing about armorall, you gotta keep washing it off since it turns your tires green.

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What do you do/use RomeoBravo.....any thoughts ? - ;) -

·
Registered
570 Posts
Pretty sure mine are stock at 28k+. Still got tread, are not too dry... They've only spun on me twice so far in four months. Wish there was some kind of kit to test a tire... the rear still has nubs on the sides, but i don't ride on the sides too much. ;)

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pretty sure mine are stock at 28k+. Still got tread, are not too dry... They've only spun on me twice so far in four months. Wish there was some kind of kit to test a tire... the rear still has nubs on the sides, but i don't ride on the sides too much. ;)
Be aware.....
If you are not already, If I was you, I would be concerned with the AGE of the tire.....in my experience, warehouse WILL NOT release any tire which is 7 y/o ! DOT requirement ?.....unknown.
Any other's knowledge/thoughts ?
-:smile2: -

·
Registered
570 Posts
Be aware.....
If you are not already, If I was you, I would be concerned with the AGE of the tire.....in my experience, warehouse WILL NOT release any tire which is 7 y/o ! DOT requirement ?.....unknown.
Any other's knowledge/thoughts ?
-:smile2: -
Come again? ( Roadhopper puts on his learnin-stuff hat )

warehouse? release?

Lydia is 29 years old with 28k+ miles. Several strange things about her as far as forensics go.

Also, i already plan to change the tires, its only a matter of money/time/priorities of repair, etc., the waiting game. Thanks for the concern for my life. ;)

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come again? ( Roadhopper puts on his learnin-stuff hat )

warehouse? release?

Lydia is 29 years old with 28k+ miles. Several strange things about her as far as forensics go.

Also, i already plan to change the tires, its only a matter of money/time/priorities of repair, etc., the waiting game. Thanks for the concern for my life. ;)
You r welcome....
hope u did not take offense...none intended. (750 Friend) - :beerchug: -

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Reactions: RoadHopper

·
Registered
570 Posts
You r welcome....
hope u did not take offense...none intended. (750 Friend) - :beerchug: -
Hell no. I'm pretty easy unless erm... forget about it... :grin2:

Tires...

Date code: 1607 on the rear 0209 on the front

9 years on the rear tire and 7 years on the front. The rubber quality is still "okay" though, and the treads are at a depth of about 3 threads on a metric screw, so, yes... they need replacing especially before the cross country ride, but for around town right now, they'll do.

Based on that article, though, ( thanks Hoss ), By the time i get back, i'll need to change them again. Cross country is going to be at least 6k miles at a minimum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts