Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on pulling my wheels this weekend to get both tires changed. Will have shop change/balance tires ($25 each but worth it to me). But I do need some advice on the easiest way to remove each wheel and things to watch out for (i.e., what NOT to do). Perhaps links to step-by-step procedures with pics? Saw Fergy's spline lube procedure and will do that as well while they're off. Thanks in advance for the help! :motorcycl

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
If you have a service manual, the procedure should be there. May also be in the on line manual here, but haven't looked so not sure.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
My spline lube procedure shows you how to remove the rear wheel. The front is pretty self explanatory. You'll need to remove your brake calipers, and the speedo cable. You can use some wire to hang the calipers off your handlebars so they're not hanging by the hoses.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just put a new D404 on the front (110-90 19). I just removed the left hand caliper and there was plenty of room to remove and replace the wheel.

I opened up the calipers a bit before removing the wheel (grab a spoke and push each caliper firmly inward will compress the piston a bit). I bled the brakes the day before and did not fill the master cylinder reservoir all the way to allow some room for a little extra fluid for compressing the pistons. I topped it off after I re-installed the wheels and took it for a test drive.

I am totally impressed with how nicely this bike handles with new tires, wow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts