Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I went for some open road therapy on a bit of a wet day on my '89 vn750. No problems on the road, but a take a corner slowly in a parking lot, and I tip it over on its left side.

Electrical - hazards, horns, brake lights, turn signals - all seem to work fine. But it won't start. Press the ignition button, and nothing. Not a click, not a sound of anything doing anything.

Could this be the tip over sensor? If so, how do I deactivate it?

Thanks!!

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Long story short, I went for some open road therapy on a bit of a wet day on my '89 vn750. No problems on the road, but a take a corner slowly in a parking lot, and I tip it over on its left side.

Electrical - hazards, horns, brake lights, turn signals - all seem to work fine. But it won't start. Press the ignition button, and nothing. Not a click, not a sound of anything doing anything.

Could this be the tip over sensor? If so, how do I deactivate it?

Thanks!!
Yes the "Tip Over Sensor" is designed to stop a drunk rider from getting out on the highway and killing themselves or some one else. lol Actually I have never heard of a TOS on this particular bike. Check all fuses and check for a possible short at the starter or in the ignition switch if that is the only thing not working at this time. Good luck.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
tipped to the left side...

check the clutch switch and the side stand switch.
yup that is what I was thinking too and no the vn750 has no tip over sensor I have actually started my bike on its side just to check for that

·
Super Moderator
2,592 Posts
You check the kill switch?

you know KM, thats an obvious one that gets forgotten. We all assume the kill switch is in the run position. In my line of work, I get at least 15% of the problems customers have when they get their computer back home is that it wont power up. I have them check the switch on the power supply itself (on back), and almost always, its been switched off.

·
Banned
3,057 Posts
Left side I would check the clutch and sidestand nanny switches. Some bikes DO have a tip over sensor. Both my '85 and '94 Goldwings had them. I think all bikes should have them. They could save the engine from destroying itself from running while on it's side without oil pressure. I have a ignition cutoff wired into the oil pressure sensor on my V8 S10. If the engine loses oil pressure, it kills the ignition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts