Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like many others, I have been hit with too much bad news of late and needed to make an attempt to get myself clear and strong again. I am getting tired of the doctor appointments for myself and watching tragedy hit too close to home. Over and over again there are people loosing their lives for no good reason. I made a call last night to a buddy to possibly take a ride this morning for breakfast. He was willing so the meet up location and time was set. I got my winter gear all laid out last night and then looked at the weather predictions and wondered if what was laying before me was going to keep me warm enough. After a bit of time I decided that at least I was in a position to feel the cold and this was something I was choosing to do of my own choice. Too many people don't have that choice now but were with us just a few short weeks ago. When I read OleDirtyDocs thread this morning I knew I had to ride and get myself strong for myself and some others that need me. We have to live today and experience life before it is gone. None of us knows when that will be so enjoy today and stay stong. I rode today with thoughts of a friend that took his own life the day after Christmas. His decision was heavily influenced by his cousin that did the same two weeks previous which was preceded by a third cousin that passed away two months ago due to a serious illness. It was said that the last two found out they had the same illness and didn't want to suffer as they witnessed with the first cousin. Life isn't always fair as I know first hand from the loss of my son but it is all we have at times. We all have difficult situations but lets find some happiness to enjoy when we can such as riding when it is just 30 degrees before the wind chill factor. Breathe in the chilled fresh air and let it blow out the negativities we have even if for just a few hours. Riding is what we love and enjoy so get out when you can not matter the temperature but remain safe above all else.

I feel much stronger and clearer now. Try it.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
thank you Vulcan2000, for your kind, encouraging, inspirational words and good vibes. :smiley_th

I hope you enjoy your ride. :motorcycl

as for me, I won't get to ride until April, maybe March, if I'm lucky. but, one thing I can do, that I do love just as much (or maybe even more) as riding, is to have a good day at the range. although, I love hitting the outdoor range, that too will not happen. so, I will have to settle for the indoor range.

oh BLAST!......I just noticed, this was posted under the "Northeast Region". BLAST! still one state TOO far to the left! :doh:;)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
That is what I meant last night when I said let go and fly like the bird I am.I completely know the feeling of riding in the cold.thanks for being there and understanding, Brother Tom

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
thank you Vulcan2000, for your kind, encouraging, inspirational words and good vibes. :smiley_th

as for me, I won't get to ride until April, maybe March, if I'm lucky. but, one thing I can do, that I do love just as much (or maybe even more) as riding, is to have a good day at the range. although, I love hitting the outdoor range, that too will not happen. so, I will have to settle for the indoor range.

oh BLAST!......I just noticed, this was posted under the "Northeast Region". BLAST! still one state TOO far to the left! :doh:;)
Hey your northeast of somewhere, right?thank you as well,Brother Ruger.

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I did enjoy my ride and ended up doing some extra miles when my buddy and I split up to head back to our respective homes. It was great to be out in the wind again and the last few weeks I have been trying to get some miles in every chance I get.

Recently picked up a muzzle loader and haven't tried it out as yet. I will be restricted to the outdoor range myself with that but it will still be enjoyable I believe.

As for this being under the "Northeast Region", we took a vote and decided to give you honorary "Northeast Long Distance" status so it is all cool. I am still hoping that one of these days we all get a chance to meet up someplace and do the long awaited face and name connection.

Ride safe and often with the very best of the new year for all.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I meant last night when I said let go and fly like the bird I am.I completely know the feeling of riding in the cold.thanks for being there and understanding, Brother Tom
My thoughts, prayers and best wishes continue for you, Brother, as always.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Well ruger, I am only about 3,000 miles NW of the NE Region, but I am still going to respond to Tom's opening post anyway.

I wish I could get out for a ride now, but we have enough snow and ice on the roads to make that a very bad idea at the moment. The temps are just above freezing right now, but it was down to minus 19*C (about 3*F below zero), without counting wind chill, a couple of mornings last week when I was loading the truck.

I feel great sorrow for those who die as a result of abusing drugs and or alcohol.
I feel even worse for the family and friends who they leave behind grieving for them.

My religious beliefs teach me that we all lived as spiritual beings, sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father and Mother, before we were born into mortality. Our time here on earth is a time to learn and prepare to return to live with them. Jesus Christ was the first born of their spiritual children in the pre-mortal life, and the only one who was born on earth of a mortal mother and an immortal father. He was the only one who lived without sin and was thus able to die and take our sins upon himself in the Garden and upon the Cross and atone for them if we confess and repent.

There are different degrees of glory in the heavens after this life. Those who take their own life here will not find relief in death, but will still have the same cravings and addictions, but not have their body to help overcome them.

I have read many books with stories from people who have had near death experiences. Most of these experiences have happened to people who are not members of my church, some who had no particular religion but have seen and heard things while out of their bodies and returned to share what they saw. Many of their experiences coincide with what I have been taught since I was a child, and confirm what I already believe.

So if I call one of you a brother or sister, I believe is literally true that we are all brothers and sisters, spiritual sons and daughter of the same Eternal Heavenly Father. Many reading this will not believe as I do, and reject most or all of what I have written. Still I love each of you as brother or sister and want the best for each and every one of you.

I hope that have not offended anyone with anything I have written here, as that was certainly not my intent.

So as brother Tom recommends, get your wind therapy, clear your lungs and your mind.:motorcycl
Prepare for the day ahead. Look for those you can help with a kind word or a hand up today.
Don't just be passive and have a good day.
ACTIVELY MAKE A GOOD DAY!!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I had to put my feet down this morning. And Brother Hoss,you're welcome in our region as well.

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, Gordon. Your words give us something to think about and don't worry about offending anyone. I am sure your intent is readily understandable to most if not all that take the time to openly read it. Great thoughts to reflect and meditate on for this new beginning of another year.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Like many others, I have been hit with too much bad news of late and needed to make an attempt to get myself clear and strong again. I am getting tired of the doctor appointments for myself and watching tragedy hit too close to home. Over and over again there are people loosing their lives for no good reason. I made a call last night to a buddy to possibly take a ride this morning for breakfast. He was willing so the meet up location and time was set. I got my winter gear all laid out last night and then looked at the weather predictions and wondered if what was laying before me was going to keep me warm enough. After a bit of time I decided that at least I was in a position to feel the cold and this was something I was choosing to do of my own choice. Too many people don't have that choice now but were with us just a few short weeks ago. When I read OleDirtyDocs thread this morning I knew I had to ride and get myself strong for myself and some others that need me. We have to live today and experience life before it is gone. None of us knows when that will be so enjoy today and stay stong. I rode today with thoughts of a friend that took his own life the day after Christmas. His decision was heavily influenced by his cousin that did the same two weeks previous which was preceded by a third cousin that passed away two months ago due to a serious illness. It was said that the last two found out they had the same illness and didn't want to suffer as they witnessed with the first cousin. Life isn't always fair as I know first hand from the loss of my son but it is all we have at times. We all have difficult situations but lets find some happiness to enjoy when we can such as riding when it is just 30 degrees before the wind chill factor. Breathe in the chilled fresh air and let it blow out the negativities we have even if for just a few hours. Riding is what we love and enjoy so get out when you can not matter the temperature but remain safe above all else.

I feel much stronger and clearer now. Try it.
There's enough bad out there, gotta remember to celebrate the good. Amen, brother. Great post.

Well ruger, I am only about 3,000 miles NW of the NE Region, but I am still going to respond to Tom's opening post anyway.

I wish I could get out for a ride now, but we have enough snow and ice on the roads to make that a very bad idea at the moment. The temps are just above freezing right now, but it was down to minus 19*C (about 3*F below zero), without counting wind chill, a couple of mornings last week when I was loading the truck.

I feel great sorrow for those who die as a result of abusing drugs and or alcohol.
I feel even worse for the family and friends who they leave behind grieving for them.

My religious beliefs teach me that we all lived as spiritual beings, sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father and Mother, before we were born into mortality. Our time here on earth is a time to learn and prepare to return to live with them. Jesus Christ was the first born of their spiritual children in the pre-mortal life, and the only one who was born on earth of a mortal mother and an immortal father. He was the only one who lived without sin and was thus able to die and take our sins upon himself in the Garden and upon the Cross and atone for them if we confess and repent.

There are different degrees of glory in the heavens after this life. Those who take their own life here will not find relief in death, but will still have the same cravings and addictions, but not have their body to help overcome them.

I have read many books with stories from people who have had near death experiences. Most of these experiences have happened to people who are not members of my church, some who had no particular religion but have seen and heard things while out of their bodies and returned to share what they saw. Many of their experiences coincide with what I have been taught since I was a child, and confirm what I already believe.

So if I call one of you a brother or sister, I believe is literally true that we are all brothers and sisters, spiritual sons and daughter of the same Eternal Heavenly Father. Many reading this will not believe as I do, and reject most or all of what I have written. Still I love each of you as brother or sister and want the best for each and every one of you.

I hope that have not offended anyone with anything I have written here, as that was certainly not my intent.

So as brother Tom recommends, get your wind therapy, clear your lungs and your mind.:motorcycl
Prepare for the day ahead. Look for those you can help with a kind word or a hand up today.
Don't just be passive and have a good day.
ACTIVELY MAKE A GOOD DAY!!
Amen brother! That's more difficult but the ripples are far more effectual not to mention rewarding. :grin2:

I read a story from a writer who's notorious for scripting fantastically uplifting stories. Here's the quick version which I'll apologize for because his writing is as beautiful as the story. Mine ain't. :wink2:

A man in Colorado lost his wife and only daughter in a car accident several years ago. Some time went by and he tried hard to move on, even seeking professional help, but couldn't. He decided to end his own life and took all precautions including quitting his job, writing a will, and closing accounts. People at several of these steps asked him if he was "ok." They told him they have seen this type of behavior before and that they were worried because they knew the eventual outcome. People kept telling him to get help but honestly he had and it didn't work.

The last order of business on this mortal coil: his last meal. Prior to attending his reservation at the nicest restaurant in town, at home he prepared the tools for his later suicide. At the restaurant, he ordered a bottle of wine, an appetizer, a main course, and dessert. The appetizer was fantastic but the main course literally changed everything. This guy was so overwhelmed by how impossibly delicious the main course was that it provided him with all-new direction. Without speaking and without paying the bill, he stood, walked into the kitchen, and approached the chef. Sobbing he told the chef about his plans to end his life and how his dinner had changed his mind. The chef, also in tears, expressed as much gratitude as one human could.

The formerly suicidal man started culinary school. Together with the motivation of new-found life and the mentor-ship of his friend, the chef at the restaurant, he excelled quickly. He since graduated school, opened his own restaurant, and even got remarried.

He said when he returned home after that meal and saw the preparations for his suicide he had full intention of completing, that it looked "completely ridiculous."

Could you imagine that?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Vulcan 2000,thanks,I enjoyed reading your heartfelt words,and also the posts of other members. I too am tired of all the Drs. visits,tests that Ive been going through lately,and it was nice to tead some positive and happy vibes for a change. I cant wait to get back out in the wind as I too have always felt better a ride,even the short ones. I live in the NE,in CT and hope that someday,someway it would be possible to meet up with you guys. You all have been an inspiration to me and I thank you for that. Take care,be alert to all the cages out there who think because of the cold,nobody is out riding.Thanks again,Paulywog.👍

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Vulcan 2000,thanks,I enjoyed reading your heartfelt words,and also the posts of other members. I too am tired of all the Drs. visits,tests that Ive been going through lately,and it was nice to tead some positive and happy vibes for a change. I cant wait to get back out in the wind as I too have always felt better a ride,even the short ones. I live in the NE,in CT and hope that someday,someway it would be possible to meet up with you guys. You all have been an inspiration to me and I thank you for that. Take care,be alert to all the cages out there who think because of the cold,nobody is out riding.Thanks again,Paulywog.��
You just need a visit with a ODD

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Reactions: minikrew

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Don't visit them one at a time though.you need to stop by when they are all home ;)
yea but i dont do crowds (how do ya feed them all ?)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Rabbits.lots a rabbits.and don't worry you won't notice the crowd.they have gotten real good at all standing in the same place. People get weirded out when they shift a little so i've told em to stop;)

Reactions: minikrew

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Rabbits.lots a rabbits.and don't worry you won't notice the crowd.they have gotten real good at all standing in the same place. People get weirded out when they shift a little so i've told em to stop;)
i was hopein you would not say sheep lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Got the clutch cable on the Cb and rode a little, haven't been on the old girl in about a week and a half.so I decided to go to the China buffett in town and got blindsided by the most beautiful Oriental woman I've EVER seen.and no,she wasn't a redhead;)she's getting a good tip

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
Got the clutch cable on the Cb and rode a little, haven't been on the old girl in about a week and a half.so I decided to go to the China buffett in town and got blindsided by the most beautiful Oriental woman I've EVER seen.and no,she wasn't a redhead;)she's getting a good tip
but does she have blue hair? :wink2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts