Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Like many on this forum I had coffee grinder chatter with my clutch, mostly when it was cold. I changed to synthetic oil and it got much better. Recently, I have been experiencing some chatter when the bike is fully warmed up. Is a new clutch in my near future or is there something else I can do? I appreciate any guidance you can give me.

·
Registered
738 Posts
First I would check to make sure that the clutch cable is properly adjusted and allowing the clutch to fully engage. If that checks out ok, then change the oil, pull the screen behind the drain plug and very carefully inspect for debris. If the clutch is on its way out, then there might be chips of clutch material breaking off. Either way, a slipping clutch after warmup is just too dangerous not to fix/replace (IMHO). Replacing a clutch is not a big deal and not too expensive. I would also drill the clutch hub at the same time as per Kawasaki's 'coffee grinder' recommended fix (see below), while the hub is off the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris. The cable is adjusted correctly and I changed the oil to synthetic in the Spring. I checked the screen during the change and it was clean.

So, I guess I will get new clutch plates, I am thinking Kevlar?

Thanks for the tip on drilling the clutch hub, I will definitely do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts