Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure who's around in Upstate NY this weekend but there's a rally in Old Forge NY, Central Adirondacks. Runs Fri-Sun, June 4-6. Haven't been so thought I'd check it out on Saturday. Will be heading up Sat morning and coming back down Sat evening.

About an hour north of Utica NY, pretty ride. Best way to get there is on NY Rt 28. Weather is supposed to be decent, but bring your bug spray. Black flies can really be a PITA this time of year. :mad:

If anyone's inerested, let me know and maybe we can hook up along the way somewhere. :motorcycl

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
bring your bug spray. Black flies can really be a PITA this time of year. :mad:
If you don't know about Thermacell yet, get one, they work! No more mosquitos, no-see-ums, or black flies! They don't even get close!

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't know about Thermacell yet, get one, they work! No more mosquitos, no-see-ums, or black flies! They don't even get close!
Had not heard of Thermacell but like the idea. Will get one, can't hurt, might help, as bugs love me anyway. Thanks Flight! :beerchug:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Too bad I don't live up there anymore. I've been up to Old Forge several times, mostly canoeing on the Stillwater reservoir. That would be a *fantastic* ride, particularly for us North Texans who have to ride for hours in search of decent scenery.

He's not kidding about the black flies either, folks. Those things are n-a-s-t-y. One of the times that I was home, my mother and I went to a lake up near Fulton, but when we pulled up to the lakeshore in her van, the black flies *covered* the glass on the van. We didn't even bother getting out for fear of blood loss. We just turned around and went to a restaurant to eat...

--FA

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad I don't live up there anymore. I've been up to Old Forge several times, mostly canoeing on the Stillwater reservoir. That would be a *fantastic* ride, particularly for us North Texans who have to ride for hours in search of decent scenery.

He's not kidding about the black flies either, folks. Those things are n-a-s-t-y. One of the times that I was home, my mother and I went to a lake up near Fulton, but when we pulled up to the lakeshore in her van, the black flies *covered* the glass on the van. We didn't even bother getting out for fear of blood loss. We just turned around and went to a restaurant to eat...

--FA
Hey FA - That is too bad, as it should be a fun time. You may have told me before but where did you live up here?

Knock on wood, the Black Flies have been tolerable so far this year. Hopefully, they'll stay that way for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I lived in Syracuse a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

--FA

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I lived in Syracuse a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

--FA
I grew up here, near Syracuse, went to high school in Caz, went to the Naval Academy, traveled around the world a couple of times then eventually moved back to raise a family. Love the area, now have a camp in the Adirondacks, and spend as much time up there as I can.

Been to northern TX a few times. Not a big fan of the landscape but always thought the women were above par. Always try to look good and between the drawl and the sass, fun to be around. :smiley_th

·
Registered
411 Posts
I did, in fact, marry a Texan and moved here (as it is often easier to change the stator on a VN750 by yourself than get a Texan out of Texas!). As such, I have to agree with you about the women here!!

My dad and I used to go canoeing on the Stillwater reservoir, and then stay at the motel in Beaver River, a little community at the other end of the reservoir that's only accessible via boat or rail. I used to love it up there, and would love to ride the Adirondacks on my bike someday (especially in the fall....)

--FA

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
darn wish I would have seen this earlier.. I would have gone.. ohh well... I am heading to the American Bike Show in Lake George next week end

1 - 9 of 9 Posts