Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, im looking for a throttle tube to replace the cracked plastic one on my bike. i just need the tube not the whole assembly. need a vendor, thanks

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The control cables come as an assembled unit. You would have to either melt one of the lead beads off or cut one off one end of the cable to get the old sleeve off and the new one on and then re cast a lead bead on to take the removed ones place. No guarantee that you would get a good re cast either. A new OEM cable is about $23 or so I believe. Much less hassle to do that and know it's put together correctly.

·
Super Moderator
11,815 Posts
That is a stock Kaw part, and it comes with the stock grip around it..you can not buy the two seperately.
Any Kaw dealer should be able to order it , as the "right grip assembly".

(The stock grip is actualy formed over the throttle tube, so they sell them together. You of course can cut off the grip if you want.

KM

·
Registered
305 Posts
Some aftermarket suppliers sell a universal throttle sleeve that should fit most japanese bikes. The grip is glued to the tube afterwards, but it will probably have to be cut off the original.

A triumph sleeve could be modified to fit, but it won't be right.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank for the info, i located the stock kaw one for $17+ $9.50 shipping at ron ayers. the one on e-bay is off an 89 and is the complete assembly including the kill switch, i placed a bid & someone outbid me. i will most likely go with the new one and cut the grip off unless i could find someone parting out with a used one.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Cindy might have one for you, but she is out of town right now. She should be back by Monday, I think.

·
Registered
138 Posts
thank for the info, i located the stock kaw one for $17+ $9.50 shipping at ron ayers. the one on e-bay is off an 89 and is the complete assembly including the kill switch, i placed a bid & someone outbid me. i will most likely go with the new one and cut the grip off unless i could find someone parting out with a used one.
hmm the one I saw on eBay was just the tube, must have ended as I haven't looked for a few days - I know it was just the tube as I wondered why someone would bother trying to sell it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts