Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My throttle (the actual twister on the bars) sticks real bad, when i twist it a little and let it go it doesnt snap back like it should, but keeps the bike revved up, also it doesn't have very good response to it.
Is this something i can fix, or does it need replaced? If so, where could i get the parts.

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
Sounds like mine when I bought it. The throttle cable was frayed, and eventually broke near the handle. Suggest you remove the cable from the throttle handle, inspect, and either replace or lube as indicated.

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
cheapcycleparts.com (cheap but slow shipping) ebay, kawi dealer, Motion Pro and lots of other places.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Awesome! Thanks,
Which of the two cables on cheapcycleparts am i going to need for my 94?
labor time / effort virtually the same, I would replace both....will make a big difference.

good luck
:lockd:

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
It was the pull cable that went out on mine, but replacing both isn't a bad idea. Be sure to lube them if they don't come that way.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Awesome! Thanks,
Which of the two cables on cheapcycleparts am i going to need for my 94?
cheap cycles has an online parts manual built into the site. Just enter your bike info and look in the cables and control section.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I find that if mine are routed wrong the throttle sticks too... Might wanna try moving them around and see if they get loose at some point. If something is pressing against them or if there's too much of a bend or something it can cause this too.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with getting new parts on BikeBandit.com myself. Prices are usually decent enough, and shipping is fairly quick/cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts