Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong post in advance. I seem to be having a sticky problem...literally. When I roll the throttle back it doesn't automatically come back forward into the prone position. Any thoughts? I don't know too too much about the small things like this....HELP!....if you want to. :-D TYIA!:rockon:

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Either you have a cable binding somewhere or the return spring on the throttle assembly on the carb has broken or your throttle return cable has broken. One of those 3 things ought to cover it though not necessarily in that order.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I second Jim on that. The easiest thing to check is for binding where the cables go into the throttle assembly - sometimes the push cable (the one that should close the throttle) can get set in there kind of awkwardly, so look for a cable that's "slopped out" of its guide. Then check your push cable, per Jim, to make sure that hasn't broken or is binding somewhere. And then check your linkage spring - that part's a pain, but it's a definite possibility, especially if you did any carb work and disassembled the unit (been there, done that). Best way to check that before pulling the carbs is to pull the cables off and see if the linkage plate snaps back into place when you pull it forward.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
As many times as I have pulled my carbs, this used to be a problem.

Check the adjustment at the carbs for the two cables. I found that if one of them has too little free play that the throttle will stick open. I always check with the carbs in my hand before mounting them.

You could also check that your throttle cables are lubed.

Jon

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the response. I'm at school at the moment so I'll give a check when I get home and let you know what's up. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts