Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone installed a throttle lock on your Vulcan 750? If so, do you have a brand to suggest? I've heard that the thumb-operated variety is the most convenient. I had one years ago on my Honda Magna.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think mine is a vista cruiser or something like that thumb operated and works great. I think they are like $30 money well spent if you do any long cruising

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went with the brake away lock. It's expensive (~$200), but it works real well, looks good and you can disengage it two ways. Either using your thumb or hitting the front brake. check out the web site, I think it's brakeaway.com
:smiley_th

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have the Vista Cruse, Works good and cheep.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
A Magna? V65?

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
cegodsey said:
A Magna? V65?
No, I had the V30! I used it for the 14 mile round-trip commute to and from work when I lived in SE Missouri. I bought it used @ 1988 -- it came with a big plastic trunk on the tail rack (ugly but very handy!).

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Bummer. Well, you got something better now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Dasher.
What kind (if any) problems did you run into installing your throttle lock. I have a 2002 750 with Kuri grips. I have seen the brakeaway and I like it better than what I've seen so far. Thanks for any feed back.
Ernest

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Jamie B, Great Pict that episode of Simpsons is on tonight. I am watching it now.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have (had) on mine, worked good though probably not a easy to use as the Vista, they are made made for metal grips.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's what I have

Throttle "locks" kind of scare me so I use the Throttle Rocker.

It doesn't "lock" but acts as a rest for the outside of my hand it costs $10 and I love it and I don't have to worry about my throttle being locked down and forgetting when I want to stop.

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/shop/Throttle_Rocker.html?gclid=CM7u6uuPnYoCFQYgSgod6wJJhw

They make them for the other (left) hand grip too.

Just my $.02:motorcycl

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I've got a Throttle Rocker too. But it felt uncomfortable using it on the outside of the grip, so I have it on the inside, next to my thumb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts