Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title says the throttle won't move the bike. With the clutch held in, I can let it out completely without the bike dying, the bike moves forward a tiny bit. If I blip the throttle, there's no excessive pull, its the same as if I didn't hit the throttle. I just recently put the stator cover, and front bevel gear cover back on. Guessing it has something to do with that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
False alarm, turns out I'm just an idiot. Never owned a bike with drum brakes before. I adjusted the brakes too tight, so they were locked up the whole time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind, I'm not an idiot, it still won't. I can put it into first let go of the clutch lever and it just pulls a tiny bit, but I can fight against it, and stop it from moving. Hitting the throttle does nothing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clutch is out all the way and can't be taken out anymore, the line on the bevel gear case is suppose to align with the line on the clutch linkage right?

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
The clutch is out all the way and can't be taken out anymore, the line on the bevel gear case is suppose to align with the line on the clutch linkage right?
Yes you are right, but when moving the lever to the front of the bike using hand pressure it should stay close to that position. Once you attach the cable and adjust it should work properly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I pulled the clutch release mechanism, and tried to reset it to home, the way the manual says. Well the cap wouldn't seat all the way, the clutch push rod was sitting out to far. I pulled the clutch cover, and the clutch retainer, and the bearing that the rod sits on was all cockeyed, and raised out a little. So I seated the bearing back in, and I think its working now. Haven't tried driving it around, but I'll do that here in a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts