Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wisconsin Rider
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning to have 15" tall ape hanger handlebars added to my vn750a-12 but before I buy them, I'd like to know the stock length of the clutch & throttle cables so I can adjust the measurements accordingly.
I already know the length needed for the brake line, but I cannot find anything on the internet about stock cable specifications.

The handlebars I am looking at, for whoever is interested, are at the T.C. Bros Choppers website & are listed as "Ape Hanger Handlebars - 15" Chrome Finish"
(http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=71)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Please keep us posted on this project! I put 12" on mine but want to go bigger. Can you post some pix also?

·
Registered
335 Posts
call motion pro, they have all the info.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
stock bars have an 8" rise so you would need a 7" over length cables.

·
Wisconsin Rider
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
would you know of a site or place that I could get extended electrical wires for the controls(turn signals, horn, starter, etc.), or would I have to make them myself?

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
on your own there I am afraid

·
Wisconsin Rider
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's cool with me, I've worked with a lot of wiring & soldering tasks.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Believe motionpro makes custom cables. But you will be way ahead money wise to make them yourself.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
I priced 10 inch over length cables from motion pro in the o.e. black coating for the 2 throttle and clutch the wanted $109.00

·
Wisconsin Rider
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
(in reply to vulcanjoe) it was the same for me.

·
Wisconsin Rider
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also does anyone know what gauge electrical wire I'll need to use?

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
16ga or 18ga more than likely

·
Wisconsin Rider
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
18 gauge I found out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi to all,

I am looking to do the same mod with the same exact bars, now I`ve seen that Flanders website and thought its great cause I can order from there and do my own thing, but I was confused with all the different types of cable widths etc, anyone can help me out maybe with which cables I should go for for Clutch, Throttle (x2), and choke and maybe the lenghts I should go for if I am not asking too much ;)

Regards, Vulcan Al :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts