Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the actual cable loose but I need to get this nut loose so I can slide the cable away from the carbs to remove it. I will post a URL when I get to my fifth post.
Also whats the best way to go about cutting out the airbox? I'm going to do an ear trim while I'm at it.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
So I have the actual cable loose but I need to get this nut loose so I can slide the cable away from the carbs to remove it. I will post a URL when I get to my fifth post.
Also whats the best way to go about cutting out the airbox? I'm going to do an ear trim while I'm at it.
Is the nut corroded or just hard to get at?
If it is corroded, start spraying it with PB Blaster every few hours until you can coax it off.

One member reported good results hot cutting the airbox out using an old hacksaw blade heated with a propane torch.
Just be careful to stay clear of any wires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have read that post but I think i'm just going to borrow my friends dremel tool. I did finally get the thing loose. I think it was just stuck and the PB helped a lot. I have the carb in half right now on my work bench. Not sure what the cause of the problem is but the bike starts and runs. however the carb leaks fuel out the bottom and will stall the bike out completely after not even a half mile of riding. very frustrating. :doh: Any suggustions guys? I bought two new float bowl gaskets as a start. Do they make a rebuild kit anywhere?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts