Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again!

I had to order replacement throttle cables recently after the old ones snapped. That being said, this is my first time ever replacing cables on a bike and I've learned the value of proper routing. The bad part is, I can NOT find any diagram or guidance on how to route these cables so they actually work! Can anyone point me toward some resource for how to get these routed properly? Any input would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I just did this so I can describe it from memory if that helps.

From the handlebars it goes down behind the right side of the headlight. Through the metal wire holder attached to the right fork. Then behind the top of the right ear, exiting below the right ear, but behind (above) the bottom bolt on the ear. Runs along the bottom of the ear, mine runs above the spark plug but behind the spark plug wire and then attaches to the bracket and then the carbs.

Hope that helps

·
Into the Darkness
272 Posts
Make sure you spray a little WD-40 on both ends of BOTH cables to make sure they move and return freely with no snags. Plus it will extend the life of the cables as well.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
To avoid this problem, I taped the top of the new cable to the bottom of the old one and pulled. As the old one comes out, the new one is installed where it needs to go!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just did this so I can describe it from memory if that helps.

From the handlebars it goes down behind the right side of the headlight. Through the metal wire holder attached to the right fork. Then behind the top of the right ear, exiting below the right ear, but behind (above) the bottom bolt on the ear. Runs along the bottom of the ear, mine runs above the spark plug but behind the spark plug wire and then attaches to the bracket and then the carbs.

Hope that helps
I just did this last night, and I too 100% agree. The above description is perfect.

The fuel hose near the spark plug is a good idea. I noticed that last night, but didn't know what to do about it. THANKS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts