Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 vulcan and it had a broken throttle cable so i decided to go ahead and replace both cables and cable guides. While waiting for parts to come in I went ahead and took the old throttle guides and cables out but now im not sure where the cable end goes to which throttle plate, how the cable routing goes, or the correct way the cables go into the throttle. Im a full time car mechanic so taking apart something and letting it sit for a week or two before getting back to it has never been a problem for me but this is my first bike and i know next to nothing about bike and im really stumped. My second problem is i took the carbs and fuel tank off and now im not sure which fuel line goes where because half of them were missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
It would be nearly impossible to answer your questions without pictures, but if you are a mechanic, just look it over and it should eventually become obvious how it goes together. I run mine with only one throttle cable, the one that opens the throttle. The spring will close the throttle when you release the grip. I have heard several stories about the other cable sticking, making it impossible to close the throttle. If the "pull" cable breaks, the engine should go to idle. If it doesn't, there is always the kill switch.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 92 vulcan and it had a broken throttle cable so i decided to go ahead and replace both cables and cable guides. While waiting for parts to come in I went ahead and took the old throttle guides and cables out but now im not sure where the cable end goes to which throttle plate, how the cable routing goes, or the correct way the cables go into the throttle. Im a full time car mechanic so taking apart something and letting it sit for a week or two before getting back to it has never been a problem for me but this is my first bike and i know next to nothing about bike and im really stumped. My second problem is i took the carbs and fuel tank off and now im not sure which fuel line goes where because half of them were missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

For the throttle cables, The one that has an extra iron piece at the throttle side is the push cable. this goes on the left side of the handle.

as for gas tubes. if ur standing at the left side of your bike looking at the tubes the most left (or most front) one is the tube for reserve tank. the most right (or back) is the normal tube.

The reserve tank tube goes on the left side and the normal one on the right side of the gas valve

(sorry for my ****ty explaination, i tried taking pictures but i cant seem to upload them)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think he was asking what parts of the petcock the fuel and vacuum hoses go and where on the carbs they go to.

If no one offers up some pics I'll take one after work and post it.

Did you happen to get those photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts