Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would first like to thank this forum for all the help on my cold front cylinder turned out to be a stuck neddle, she's doin fine now, but since I got the bike at start it idles fine, but when you give it throttle it bogs down and dies, I saw another post about this problem and it mentioned a vent hose to the ear, my bike doesn't have this hose is it dire ? thank you.:lockd:

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Are the carb vents closed off or just open?

Closed off would be a big problem, just open or a hose where the wind can hit it can cause it to bog out.

On earshaves, we ziptie the hose to the frame under the tank, plug it into the nipple on the fuel sender housing under the tank, or plug it into an emgo style filter mounted somewhere.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx M Angell I check the vac lines there good, when I fired the bike up yesterday, fuel was coming out ofthe exhaust, the fuel tap is new, I asked my friend at a shop and he said to replace the float needle.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Make sure your oil didn't fill up with gas.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TIME TO SELL !!!!!!!!!!

We replaced the float needles, now the bike is spewing gas out of the front cylinder pipe, I believe this bike to be beyond repair, but thank you everybody for the help.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Don't give up yet.sounds like float issues.could have a lot of crud in the tank and got more gunk in the float needle. Could be out of adjustment float

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm having a similar problem. I've partially cleared it up so it seems to run fine, but when I put it in gear the symptoms return. Pull on the clutch, even in gear, and it throttles just fine. Try to accelerate with anything beyond light throttle and it starts to bog around 4k. Opening the throttle completely just makes it die until it reaches about 1k and it comes back. When this problem started it would bog even in neutral standing still, so at least I've made progress! For me it all started on my 2nd tank of gas after sitting for the winter (during winter I stored it with a full, treated tank and empty carbs. Ran through that tank with no problems).

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Pulled spark plugs, no fouling. New plugs.
2. Drained fuel tank- no rust. Treated fuel (LOTS of seafoam. An older forum I read suggested 6x the mount listed on the bottle) and refilled.
3. Drained carbs, filled with seafoam and let sit for a week (went on vacation). Came back, emptied seafoam and it came out clear.
4. Disassembled petcock- VERY clean and no blockages.
5. Checked fuel lines, all clear.
6. Backblew carbs (can't remove the rubber intake boots though without stripping the screws).
7. Checked for POOGS (a problem I used to have on this bike), everything there looks fine.
8. Made sure carb vent hose to right ear was clear and cut to 45 degrees.

My only real theory so far is bad fuel. But that's got to be some SERIOUSLY bad fuel. That or a blockage in the one of the jets, but I really really don't want to have to pull those things. I'm more mechanically inclined than your average joe but I really have no idea how to go about pulling these carbs.

-edit- Now that it at least limps along, I'm thinking I might drain this fuel out to just the reserve amount and ride to a gas station about a mile away and top it back off. Is there any hope that it really is just a bad tank of gas, given how much I've already treated it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
im having similar issues im getting plugs tomorrow, how are the plugs? if they are good id say you need to pull carbs if you tap the end of the screw driver with a hammer while turning you may be able to get the carb boots off and get the carbs out for a clean I did it in about 2 hours first try, the trick is to take both carb boots and the inlet hoses out completely then lift the air box and don't put anything back until the carbs are in position again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts