Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a litte play in my throtle. I have a throtle clamp, cruz control on my grip. Dont know if that matters but... Wondering how to tightin it up so i have power right off the bat and dont have to turn my grip 1/4 turn for gas??

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
2 to 3 mm of freeplay is normal for the throttle. Yours sounds excessive. The throttle play can be adjusted. See page 21 of the PDF manual. You can download it HERE if you don't have it. Warning, it's a BIG file that takes a long time to download.

·
Registered
156 Posts
check the throttle connections on the carbs on the right side of the bike. I adjusted almost all of mine out, it's much better now. If it's too much, cable could be stretched. Might be time for a new one.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Page 21 of the pgf really helped, back to where i should be. Thanks!!

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Glad to be of assistance. May I suggest buying a Clymers service manual as well. You can get it at themotorbookstore.com HERE. It's only $23.76 plus $4.25 shipping, which is $14 cheaper than Amazon.com with shipping.

The Clymers goes into much more detail about troubleshooting. Well worth the $.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actualy just orderd one from the local bike shop, i got the cheaper one for 30 or so as aposed to 80. But i was underway last week and couldnt git it. But im picking it up tommorow. If it doesnt suit me then i will definitly try clymers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha! Sher inuf the one i ordered was clymer. Kaw vn700 & vn750 1985-2006. Looks like it will show me in great detal how to do every thing that i would want to do my self, and then some (much more).

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Great! That's the same one I have. Very detailed. Clymers plus VN750.com is all you need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts