Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode from White Settlement out to Kerrville then rode to Leakey which is the center of motorcycling nirvana of the hill country. Okay everyone. I rode the motorcycle out to the hill country of Texas which is really beautiful and fun on motorcycle. It reminds me of the Rheine River in Germany...hills and panoramic views. Incredible. You really must go if you ever get a chance. I went to Kerrville and then rode out to Leakey to ride the Three Sisters, Twisted Sisters, and otherwise known as Ranch Road 335, 336, and 337. Went to the Lonestar Motorcycle Museum and hung out at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop and met some really cool people. They all enjoy life and the journey. Oh yes, and I had a Fat Bob burger there which was awesome with there special Cajun sauce. Met a Disabled Vet (always an honor) that used to be on B-52's at Carswell AFB a while back. Friendly people that told me where to keep an eye out for rocks on the road, tree limbs, and animal life. I saw a ton of animals to include camels, sheep, goats, all kinds of cattle, ostrich, hawks, eagles, and more. I also had the opportunity to pull over to assist a couple that had blown a tire right in front of me on the freeway. They refused my offered assistance stating they would wait for AAA(good luck cuz they were out in the sticks) but were appreciative. I was just trying to represent my biker bros and sistas to the cagers. Here are a couple pics. The rest of pics and video are on my facebook as follows
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2083602&id=1169376779&ref=notif&notif_t=like

and video
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1625034383622&saved#!/video/?id=1169376779

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple pics

Here are a few of the pics on my facebook.
Lonestar Motorcycle Museum, Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop, an Indian

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
I was stationed at Carswell for 8 years.That was my favorite area to live in.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I rode from White Settlement out to Kerrville then rode to Leakey which is the center of motorcycling nirvana of the hill country. Okay everyone. I rode the motorcycle out to the hill country of Texas which is really beautiful and fun on motorcycle. It reminds me of the Rheine River in Germany...hills and panoramic views. Incredible. You really must go if you ever get a chance. I went to Kerrville and then rode out to Leakey to ride the Three Sisters, Twisted Sisters, and otherwise known as Ranch Road 335, 336, and 337. Went to the Lonestar Motorcycle Museum and hung out at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop and met some really cool people. They all enjoy life and the journey. Oh yes, and I had a Fat Bob burger there which was awesome with there special Cajun sauce. Met a Disabled Vet (always an honor) that used to be on B-52's at Carswell AFB a while back. Friendly people that told me where to keep an eye out for rocks on the road, tree limbs, and animal life. I saw a ton of animals to include camels, sheep, goats, all kinds of cattle, ostrich, hawks, eagles, and more. I also had the opportunity to pull over to assist a couple that had blown a tire right in front of me on the freeway. They refused my offered assistance stating they would wait for AAA(good luck cuz they were out in the sticks) but were appreciative. I was just trying to represent my biker bros and sistas to the cagers. Here are a couple pics. The rest of pics and video are on my facebook as follows
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2083602&id=1169376779&ref=notif&notif_t=like

and video
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1625034383622&saved#!/video/?id=1169376779
My mom lives right around there, in Rock Springs. The ranch my step dad works at is right off one of the three sisters. I agree, it is very beautiful out there and some awesome riding to be had. The roads are a bit rough out there though, would certainly hurt to go down (can you say cheese grater). But none the less, I hope to one day ride the bike out that way to my mom's one year. But it is quite a haul for me right now, coming from GA. Would take me at least a 2-3 day ride to get out there. Depends on how much riding my butt could handle per day lol.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. I squeezed all this in three days two nights and was riding for at least 6 hours a day which got to be a little fatiguing.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Man oh man, I wish I could have been with ya! I need a ride so bad right now I can't hardly stand it. That is my favorite area to ride so far, and I definitely understand your fatigue after riding for 6 hour days, especially in that area. I like to go slower than most, cause I'm always trying to take in the sights as I go and you really have to pay attention to what you can see of the road ahead. Of course, there are lots of pull offs where you can catch the scenic views.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts