1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
796 Posts
WOW! Talk about starting high. That thing better have all the bells and whistles at that price.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
looks similar to a local CL add here in New York.. the guy started out at 3500 for a 92 VN750, he is now down to 800 firm... with out any offers still

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
WOW, my 2001 had only 6500 miles on it and i bought it in 2007 for $2900, and this guy wants $3K for a 95 with 13K miles on it.
Is 13K miles really LOW miles??
Like i said i bought mine with 6500 miles on it and now have 16K on it.
My old 78 suzuki gs750 i bought for $300 and fixed up had 11K miles on it, sold it 2 years later with 15.5K for $900.

This guy will never get $3k for that 95 vn750

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
WOW, my 2001 had only 6500 miles on it and i bought it in 2007 for $2900, and this guy wants $3K for a 95 with 13K miles on it.
Is 13K miles really LOW miles??
Like i said i bought mine with 6500 miles on it and now have 16K on it.
My old 78 suzuki gs750 i bought for $300 and fixed up had 11K miles on it, sold it 2 years later with 15.5K for $900.

This guy will never get $3k for that 95 vn750
That's kinda high for sure.I did just sell a 92 with 36K for $1500 I gave 650 for it winter before last and spent some money on it had about $1200 invested and got almost two riding seasons on it,and a lot of fun.But then Again I just bought an '05 1500 Classic FI for 3K about 2500 miles ago.That is no bargain on that CL listing.

The woman who bought mine got a dependable daily rider from someone she knew and had rode with,That one is a pig in a poke ,right OD.

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
LOL, I am only 25 and I was gonna correct him. I watched lost in space on Sci-Fi (before the crap tastic movie was made in the last few years) My dad got me into that show and I loved it!
It was classic 60's. We ate it up. Imaginations ran wild.

Take Gilligan's Island for example. Mr Ed. My Favorite Martian.

Bewitched. Jeanie. The Hillbillies. Green Acres. And on and on.

It was fun TV. Now we have crap.

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
It was classic 60's. We ate it up. Imaginations ran wild.

Take Gilligan's Island for example. Mr Ed. My Favorite Martian.

Bewitched. Jeanie. The Hillbillies. Green Acres. And on and on.

My Mom and I would stay up and watch most of those shows on Nick at Nite when i was younger! I love classic american TV

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You surely got that 200% right, and I'm no youngin, but neither is KM, I think he is in his mid 50s and I'm old enough to be his dad...lol...
Anyway I dropped cable with about 250 channels and $81 a month, and went to satalite with 250 channels at near the same price, same old crap, maybe even not as good... I'll check out about 4-5 channels that sometimes have something that I might watch, but 99% of the time if it is worth a crap I've seen it 3-4 times already...
I'm a bit over my 2 yr. contract with Dish network and think when it is up I will go to my over the air free antenna, it gets about a dozen good channels and it don't cost the $80+ a month... I am just tired of being ripped off for crap and advertisment... You know what, if foreigners watch our TV programs, its no wonder they think we are a bunch of crazy infidels, I would think so by the TV programs they show... $80 a month for the freakin weather channel... No wonder we love to ride...:doh:...:doh:...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
You must be a youngin'

It's 'Robinson' (Like Swiss Family Robinson)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space
No, I'm 56 and I watched the show every day....from when it started out as a well written sci-fi, till the later years when it was a kids monster of the week show. (Much like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea)

I got it wrong because I was in a hurry. I just got home from work , made myself a gin and tonic and while typing, realized my glass was empty. So I just hit send without proofreading and went to my bar quickly to refresh my drink.

But, good catch. So Klaatu barada nikto dude.

KM

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
The Day The Earth Stood Still is my absolute favorite SciFi movie! the remake was a very big disappointment!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Awww, y'all are too modern talkin about TV shows, let me tell you about my first TV watch love... He was a wrestler born and raised in KMs neck of the woods...
I well remember the first TV in our neck of the woods, a neighbor farmer next to ours got a TV when I was about 11-12 yrs old, it was only black & white, near round screen except for small flats at the top & bottom, probably somewhere around 13"...
This was the greatest thing that ever was, you could see an image sometimes and sometimes only snow, it would fade in and out and back in, but on Wednesdays Lou Thesz would wrestle, sometimes an Indian, can't recall his name but it was chief somebody (lol)...
Anyway Lou Thesz had this sleeper hold and the Indian had what was called a death lock, back then (mid to upper 40s) they really wrestled, it was not an act, they wrestled...
I found an article on him and think you will agree after reading the article... http://www.puroresu.com/personalities/thesz/vapilot.html That was just to show the difference in my generation and most of y'alls...
BTW-My family didn't have electricity at this time, we got it in the early 50s... Since you were hashing over old TV shows just thought I would put one of my favorites as a youngster in...lol... I had to dig that article up, as I knew no one would believe me...lol...
PS-That article was written in 1994 I think...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Awww, y'all are too modern talkin about TV shows, let me tell you about my first TV watch love... He was a wrestler born and raised in KMs neck of the woods...
I well remember the first TV in our neck of the woods, a neighbor farmer next to ours got a TV when I was about 11-12 yrs old, it was only black & white, near round screen except for small flats at the top & bottom, probably somewhere around 13"...
This was the greatest thing that ever was, you could see an image sometimes and sometimes only snow, it would fade in and out and back in, but on Wednesdays Lou Thesz would wrestle, sometimes an Indian, can't recall his name but it was chief somebody (lol)...
Anyway Lou Thesz had this sleeper hold and the Indian had what was called a death lock, back then (mid to upper 40s) they really wrestled, it was not an act, they wrestled...
I found an article on him and think you will agree after reading the article... http://www.puroresu.com/personalities/thesz/vapilot.html That was just to show the difference in my generation and most of y'alls...
BTW-My family didn't have electricity at this time, we got it in the early 50s... Since you were hashing over old TV shows just thought I would put one of my favorites as a youngster in...lol... I had to dig that article up, as I knew no one would believe me...lol...
PS-That article was written in 1994 I think...
Good article and a good post Old Dog and I don't think many on here would doubt your word.:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts