Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This suggestion is Begging to make happen...

When viewing an open thread, clicking on one's Forum Name, produce's a menu:

View Public Profile
Send a Private Message to .............
Find all Posts by ...............
Add ........... to your Contacts

Needs to be added to Menu choices:

View ............. 's Location on Forum Map
(with Map Icon Highlighted)

Now we have a Forum Map, ...this is a no brainer.

Note: This would also need to apply (clicking on one's Forum Name) in other Forum locations (selectable from Main Home Page), in the same manner .

Thanks in Advance

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
This suggestion is Begging to make happen...

When viewing an open thread, clicking on one's Forum Name, produce's a menu:

View Public Profile
Send a Private Message to .............
Find all Posts by ...............
Add ........... to your Contacts

Needs to be added to Menu choices:

View ............. 's Location on Forum Map
(with Map Icon Highlighted)

Now we have a Forum Map, ...this is a no brainer.

Note: This would also need to apply (clicking on one's Forum Name) in other Forum locations (selectable from Main Home Page), in the same manner .

Thanks in Advance

It seems to me that some still prefer not to give a location as to where they are from because so many newer members do not fill in that information for their heading when first joining this forum. I asked some time ago if that could be a requirement when they initially join and never received an answer. As far as the map sign up, I am not on there because I have tried numerous times and the program will not recognize my location. I have contacted the original designer of the map setup and was told that I need to update my system but I have a one year old computer and therfore do not believe that is the actual problem. I guess there are members that prefer to keep their location a secret for what ever reason and that is their choice within the present signup system we have here.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
I'm on the map, and provide my area here, buy if it was a "requirement " I would not be pleased...

·
2,501 Posts
I'm on the map, and provide my area here, buy if it was a "requirement " I would not be pleased...
Why wouldn't you be pleased? You would not be required to give an exact location or specific road address. Are you just against it if it was a "requirement"? Maybe you have a valid point that I may be missing. I am not trying to pull your chain here.

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Why wouldn't you be pleased? You would not be require to give an exact location or specific road address. Are you just against it if it was a "requirement"? Maybe you have a valid point that I may be missing. I am not trying to pull your chain here.
I am suggesting a selectable "User Option", ...NOT a requirement for all members to insert themselves on the map.

·
2,501 Posts
I am suggesting a selectable "User" option, NOT a requirement for all members to insert themselves on the map.

If that is your intention then why not leave it as it is? Right now it is not a requirement and everyone has a choice to put themselves on the map or not.

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If that is your intention then why not leave it as it is? Right now it is not a requirement and everyone has a choice to put themselves on the map or not.
straight up.... Very simple.

The pull down menu would/should have the "View Map Icon/Location" greyed out.... as in "Not Available" should member had/has not elected to place themselves on the map.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
I asked some time ago if that could be a requirement when they initially join.....I guess there are members that prefer to keep their location a secret for what ever reason and that is their choice within the present signup system we have here.
That is what I was wary about... not that I don't already have my info out there... but if it had been a requirement upon sigh up, I may have thought twice. As for linking the map to our current profile, I like that idea... not sure if it is possible... but I think it is worth the mods attention.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
And yes its not exact location... but trust me, give me your city/state and a few other details and I can almost always find out your address/telephone number... at least I could back 7-8 years ago. And info has only become easier to get.

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
straight up.... Very simple.

If a Member is NOT on the map.....

The pull down menu would/should have the "View Map Icon/Location" greyed out.... as in "Not Available"
(for selection) .....should member had/has not elected to place themselves on the map.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
All of these have been discussed, and recently too between myself and the admin. Im in the process of perhaps updating/modding the registration form, then will submit it for approval. Now...there are required fields, but mostly not. There is also an existing option to "hide" your details (such as B-day, age, etc)...dunno how many know that.
Member privacy is of utmost importance (as specified in the owner's privacy policy), but I feel that a bit more info should be known to staff "just in case".
And Tanner would be the one to ask about the possibility of adding that map feature to the member pulldown. I dont think it can be because its a 2 step process manually. But I dunno...I havent done any programming since the 90's...
Send Tanner a PM WillTech, and ask him....I think he's on vacation right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts