Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting tired of having to pull over and rub my ass while people drive by laughing at me.
Good prices too.
Travelcade will add a gel pad to your stock seat for $125. No visual differences. 800-397-7709. For about another $125, they'll add a heater element.

Butt Buffer will add a dry polymer insert to your stock seat for $110. No visual differences. 866-859-5699

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I just got a Air Hawk seat pad, man does that make a difference, Last week I did a 500 mile run to Kentucky. Got a little tired but not a problem.
The backrest is what makes a long ride enjoyable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got a Air Hawk seat pad, man does that make a difference, Last week I did a 500 mile run to Kentucky. Got a little tired but not a problem.
The backrest is what makes a long ride enjoyable.

I bet. I tried a luggage roll for a backrest but it pushed me too far forward. Mustang makes this

for our bike but its expensive. Still if your hurtin all the time what good is that ?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have a Corbin, they are more firm bit I like them

·
239 Posts
the airhawk pad with a backrest of some sort is really comfortable.
And adjustable.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I went to the Mustang web site. They had nothing for the Vulcan 750. I e-mailed them, asking if they make them anymore. They don't. But they can be purchased from various retailers that still have them in stock.

http://www.mustangseats.com/kawasakiseats.htm

In any case, after hearing the experience of others, I've decided to go with the Corbin, and will boost its butt-soothing properties (for those LONG rides) with an Airhawk.

http://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/8696vulcan.shtml

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think a good thing to remember is that these bikes are "Cruisers" not "Touring" bikes. The cushy comfy long haul rides are for those bigger guys.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I think a good thing to remember is that these bikes are "Cruisers" not "Touring" bikes.
That's it exactly. Even with the 'Tour Pack' on the Vulcan, it's still the same seat. I don't think any other was offered if getting the whole set-up from a dealer?

From dirtbikin' for so long, my butt kinda got used to the uncomfortableness of an uncomfortable seat. With that, I've gotten to a point where it's all just part of the ride, on road or off. Kinda like I just zone out the feeling and enjoy the ride.

Yeah, if it's a nice long ride, I may feel it a bit the next day, but isn't that what happens with alot of the stuff that's fun to do?? Like they say "Ya gotta pay if ya wanna play!" (I still haven't figured out who "They" are though???):confused:

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
If anyone does the Travelcade or ButtBuffer inserts, please let us know how it looks and feels. I bet if you get a comfy padded seat, some sort of backrest, man, our bikes will be like Lazyboys with handlebars!

I do agree with the comment that our bikes are cruisers, not tourers. But, if you can have both....:pepper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts