Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened in Cal., read article...
http://www.10news.com/news/25784572/detail.html ...
I may copy this and it carry with me, so when I get stopped for speeding, I'll explain, I was only trying to be safe...
Not funny... Prayers for those Folks families...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is sad...seems this should have been avoided by the hothead that couldn't wait. Hope they catch that sob!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
From the comments, http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/13/ocotillo-crash-involves-seven-motorcycles-and-two-/ has more info.

To sum it up, a Honda was trying to pass a group of 12 bikes on a two-lane road. An oncoming Dodge saw the Honda coming at it and swerved off the road to avoid a head-on collision. The Dodge lost control and went back onto the road, hitting the bikes. At least 6 of the 12 bikes ended up involved in the accident. The Honda was undamaged and the driver didn't stop.

Not that it makes it any better, but it was 4 cyclists and 1 car passenger that were killed. 5 other bikers and the driver of the car were also injured.

I just found http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/14/dui-arrest-after-motorcycle-crashes-that-killed-5/. The driver of the Dodge was apparently drinking too.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I had just read this before coming to this site. Really hope they nail that idiot. Mexicali, which is where the Dodge driver is supposedly from, is the nearest city to mine, about 240 miles from here. Not that I feel any sympathy for him... if he had not been drunk he might have been able to keep control of his car. He deserves some of the blame as well, especially for his passenger, who he was directly responsible for the minute she got in his car.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
My sister in law was killed by a 5 time repeat drunk driver. Our family has never fully recovered. My prayers will be said tonight for bikers.

DT

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Sorry but I don't buy it that the drunk driver wasn't at fault because he was cut off by a speeding Honda. A sober driver would have swerved away and stopped, not get back on the road and cross over into oncoming traffic. Funny how there's no mention of this drunk driver's citizenship though the article does mention that he was from Mexico. Was he here legally?

I bet the speeding Honda was on a drug run from Mexico, but that's just geographical profiling. Boy, I sound predjudiced! But I really don't like people who don't belong here legally, driving drunk and killing people on our streets, or running drugs and putting everyone else in danger. SECURE OUR BORDERS NOW!!!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I hope they catch that sob. If california would get the death penalty going...we could expedite his removal from the gene pool.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with securing borders or not. You can build a fence as tall and strong as you like, there will still be idiots on both sides!

I doubt the Honda was on a drug run... he wouldn't have been doing 90-100mph (as stated in the article), unless he had a few cops behind him... in which case, he wouldn't be missing.

Here's a couple points to think about.

1.- Being from Mexico does NOT automatically mean he was illegally in the U.S., especially in this vicinity. I go to the U.S. at least every week (and a LOT of people here go there legally as well) and I am not there illegally and I never break any law at all, not even any traffic law no matter how small.

2.- The fact that the guy in the Dodge was Mexican does not automatically mean that the guy in the Honda was Mexican as well. There is no description of him at all, other than him wearing a baseball cap... something done by people of all cultures.

3.- Contributing to racial profiling only contributes towards more and more hatred between our countries. I know some very cool people from the U.S. that are not prejudiced and don't treat Mexicans as criminals just for being Mexicans, and I'd like to think they are not a minority.

As a bonus point, if the demand for illegal drugs in the U.S. dropped or stopped, you wouldn't have to complain about so many people breaking the law to supply those drugs. Basically, if they stop using it then they'll stop selling it!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Oh I do agree (like I said before) that the Dodge driver shouldn't have been driving at all and that if he had been sober he might not have lost control and would agree if he got manslaughter charges, which is what I think would apply (might be wrong since I'm definitely not a U.S. law expert).

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ceal wrote---"I don't think it has anything to do with securing borders or not. You can build a fence as tall and strong as you like, there will still be idiots on both sides!"
---True, but it would keep them separated...

Ceal wrote---"1.- Being from Mexico does NOT automatically mean he was illegally in the U.S., especially in this vicinity. I go to the U.S. at least every week (and a LOT of people here go there legally as well) and I am not there illegally and I never break any law at all, not even any traffic law no matter how small."
---Nothing is automatic, so maybe semi...lol... But...:smiley_th...:smiley_th...Thank you, Thank you, but its a different story with the wetbacks...

Ceal wrote---"2.- The fact that the guy in the Dodge was Mexican does not automatically mean that the guy in the Honda was Mexican as well. There is no description of him at all, other than him wearing a baseball cap... something done by people of all cultures."
---This is true...

Ceal wrote---"3.- Contributing to racial profiling only contributes towards more and more hatred between our countries. I know some very cool people from the U.S. that are not prejudiced and don't treat Mexicans as criminals just for being Mexicans, and I'd like to think they are not a minority."
---I don't see the point, if you are lookin for a white 16 year old male, why would you stop and search a 70 year old black grandmother...????

Ceal wrote---"As a bonus point, if the demand for illegal drugs in the U.S. dropped or stopped, you wouldn't have to complain about so many people breaking the law to supply those drugs. Basically, if they stop using it then they'll stop selling it!"
---Then why would your people claim & blame the guns sold in America is what is causing the slaughters by your drug cartels...??? Personally I think it should be open season on any illegal drug maker or dealer, U.S. or Mexican...
As I understand once they get you hooked, you are hooked, thats why they consentrate more on the young... I think our Meth. makers could be stopped if the right sentences were dealt them...
But our courts and punishments have got so leanient that people don't care to go to prison because they have it easier there than out... Where did our rock piles and coal mines go...???
OK-Thats my 2 cents worth, and thats all it is, only my opinion, others have theirs...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
To keep the idiots separated you'd need a fence around each one of them lol not between two countries.

About the racial profiling, I think I used the wrong term... perhaps racial prejudice would fit better. I do make a few mistakes with English lol.

As far as the guns, I don't blame the U.S., and I haven't heard anyone here say they blame the U.S., I always hear it blamed on the drug lords only. Maybe somebody does say it, I just never heard it.

I do agree about what you say... illegal drug makers, distributors, etc. should be punished much more severely, no matter what race they are. This was my whole point, a criminal is a criminal no matter where he's from, and you shouldn't prejudge someone just because he looks Mexican (or any other nationality/race). One of the most powerful drug lords they've captured here is from Texas... white, blue eyed, blond guy... can hardly argue he wasn't born and raised in the U.S. lol. So there are really people from all over involved in that, there's no point blaming everyone else around you, especially when you don't even know the person and just do it based on where he's from or what he looks like.

As an added note, I must admit I hate the way my country is run. Corruption all the way from the top, to the lowest possible places in the chain... and the fact that it is already so embedded into the culture that practically everyone sees it as something common just makes me want to get the hell out of here and try to find somewhere that isn't as bad. Don't worry though, I'm not jumping any fences lol. What I hate the most though is seeing a group of people instantly classify someone as a criminal for being Mexican... it really ticks me off because that includes me and I absolutely hate to be compared to the people that are the real criminals. I've had tons of chances to get into such activities, lots of people have offered to get me into the business, and the fact that I've always turned that down and I'd still be thought of as a criminal just by walking down the street and being Mexican, is just so frustrating and makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with people nowadays :-/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts