Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of parting out my 05, Just wanting to see what the interest is out there for components. It is fully complete and running with 10,800 miles every thing is in great condition except that it has an oil leak out the rear valve cover. checked the oil and there is no coolant so head gasket should be fine. other wise everything is great.

Let me know if you guys are interested in any components and i will decided if its time to part it out.

I am trying to sell it out right for $2500.
Thanks

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
She is in good shape. The trouble with parting out a decent bike like that is getting stuck with 70% of the parts after people pick over what they want. You probably wouldn't get your moneys worth unless you get a fair price for the engine, and frame w/ title.

·
Registered
483 Posts
She is in good shape. The trouble with parting out a decent bike like that is getting stuck with 70% of the parts after people pick over what they want. You probably wouldn't get your moneys worth unless you get a fair price for the engine, and frame w/ title.
X2... great advice

I would hold onto it until next spring to get the most bang for your buck

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Parting out a bike is not as easy as one might think! The good stuf goes real fast and then what you got left, every other seller out here has the same stuf. A lot of wasted time, getting ship cost, waiting to get paid-and sometimes not! Think I would prob hold out and try to find a buyer, whole and esp if it is decent running and and in decent shape. Just my OP___

·
100% Black & White
136 Posts
+1 to what everyone else says. Its a nice looking machine and you would likely get more $$$ by selling in one piece. Have you checked the gasket on the rear rocker cover? It could be something as simple as that causing the oil leak....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the Advise
I think i will sell it in one piece.
I am located in Texas to the one who asked

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Why would u want to part out a good running bike???? Even if it has some issues and may need to pull the motor to fix, pulling the motor, for an Noob, is about a 3.5 hour job, if that.
For a guy who knows his way around motors, he can have it pulled in about an hour and half.

I hate when people want to part out new good bikes..... keep them on the road...

SO sell it whole, you can get a good price for it... no sweat.

·
Vulcan Convert
16 Posts
I am thinking of parting out my 05, Just wanting to see what the interest is out there for components. It is fully complete and running with 10,800 miles every thing is in great condition except that it has an oil leak out the rear valve cover. checked the oil and there is no coolant so head gasket should be fine. other wise everything is great.

Let me know if you guys are interested in any components and i will decided if its time to part it out.

I am trying to sell it out right for $2500.
Thanks
do you have the tool box cover, and I may be interested in the seat
Cheers
Ken

1 - 12 of 12 Posts