Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another 94 model 750 Vulcan I am going back & forth trying to decide if I want to part it out or fix it just wanted to see what kind of intrest was here if I parted it out. The bike has 20,000 miles the motor runs great the tank leaked at one time & I patched it & repainted it it is not leaking now but I know it wont last forever it has a mustang seat & aftermarket exaust not sure which brand it needs an air cut valve in one carb & a new RR will need tires soon & throttle cables. Its worth fixing but I have enough bikes my other Vulcan is running good except waiting on the new RR to come in & I am trying to buy another Vmax so something has to go soon hers a couple pics of it. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Kyle68/KawsakiVulcan750Ebay010.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Kyle68/KawsakiVulcan750Ebay009.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Kyle68/KawsakiVulcan750Ebay008.jpg

·
Registered
950 Posts
Not sure what you are asking, but I got dibs on the seat if you are selling it.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I got win once in awhile. Those friggin things are like the damn grail.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yall just make me some offers that way I can see if its worth doing this & I want to make sure I get enough people wanting stuff so that I dont have half a bike sitting around here forever I hope yall understand. The back reast matches the seat it has one of the little silver buttons missing off of it. I put the engine gaurd & blinker relocation kits & saddle bag mounts on Ebay this morning for 40 each if some one here wants them I will end the auction the blinker relocation kits come with the bag monuts but the kits really could use rechroming or powder coated.

·
Registered
950 Posts
that means the extended backrest too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
i you do part it out i got dibbs on the heatshield on the left side ,
mine got runover by a truck

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
I'll share with you my experience. I parted out my 96 that blew the head gasket. I just didn't want to put more $$ into it than I already had. Looking at what I got from the parts, it was definitely more than I was asking for the whole bike before it died. I think that my prices were fair, and now I only have a small handfull of parts left (see my post in the F/S section). You have a distinct advantage that yours has a running motor, which *someone* is going to want.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll share with you my experience. I parted out my 96 that blew the head gasket. I just didn't want to put more $$ into it than I already had. Looking at what I got from the parts, it was definitely more than I was asking for the whole bike before it died. I think that my prices were fair, and now I only have a small handfull of parts left (see my post in the F/S section). You have a distinct advantage that yours has a running motor, which *someone* is going to want.
Thanks for the insight. I only have one guy asking about the motor which is the deciding factor on rather I part it out. I told him $ 350 for complete motor minus carbs I did not think that was unreasonable but if any one thinks I am out of line on that price let me know. Thanks,Kyle

·
Registered
363 Posts
thanks for letting meknow about the heatshields

a hunting i will go , a hunting i will go ,#$!%!$%@%$#^@%#$^@ A huntiing wll go

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
I could use some stock grips! does it have stock grips? if so are they in good shape? if you do part it out, how much for the grips?
also some pic's would be nice.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Thanks for the insight. I only have one guy asking about the motor which is the deciding factor on rather I part it out. I told him $ 350 for complete motor minus carbs I did not think that was unreasonable but if any one thinks I am out of line on that price let me know. Thanks,Kyle
I think its very reasonable (specially if he does it, it means I get a seat)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I'm with Jace on this one.I think it is a very reasonable price on a running engine,especially if you sell me the exhaust and I don't care about the heat shield being aftermarket!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Denny,

If you get the after market exhaust, would you be interested in selling me your Scoot Works by pass kit?? Let me know what you think!!!

Wayne

·
Registered
950 Posts
yippie. that's the attitude to have people. start buying stuff off this guy then I get a seat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts