Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not entirely certain what the rear tire is.

it says: Dunlop M85B16MC77H which honestly i cant find anywhere and means little to me.

what size tire is that?

from what ive read here the front tire 100/19-19 is fine.

they both have good tread left, im just wondering how much wider a 170 rear would be...

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool chart man, unfortunetly i didnt get any help from it. my tires are not on the list from what i can tell...

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
could these be your numbers? mv85b15. this is not off the tire itself but from a sales slip, it was a little dark to read and did not take a light out. it would appear it is a metric number and may be the dunlop E-3. google elite 3 and see if the bias does not come up close to what you have. ride safe

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
they both have good tread left, im just wondering how much wider a 170 rear would be...
My bike came with a 170 on it, and it pretty much takes up all the space there is back there between the shaft housing, and that stabilizer bar connected to the brake. When I say all the space, I mean you can't get a finger in there. If the sidewall gets any kind of a bulge in it, it's done rolling. I'll try to take some pics later today.

My "very soon" to-do list includes new tires, and the rear will not be a 170 again. :doh:

·
Registered
77 Posts
ur tire size is 150/80 16, thats what that all translates to be

i just went through this, mine is the same but has 15 instead of 16.

id post the chart i found it on, but i cant post links yet ha ha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts