Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that I have recently sold the website to Vertical Scope (VS), the group that runs Motorcycle.com.

As most of you know, I haven't had the time to invest in maintaining the site in the way it or you members deserve. I'm positive the great folks at Vertical Scope will give VN750.com the attention it deserves and will be much more responsive to issues that arise from daily use. They have a vast number of resources and their tech group is a bunch of enthusiasts as well.

VS isn’t planning any major changes and are only really taking over the technical duties at this point in time. They are also welcoming the current moderator staff with open arms (Dianna still is the heart of VN750). So this isn’t goodbye for me, it’s just a turnover of control for the better of the community.

Our new tech contact will be a gentleman by the name of Dwayn who will be using the handle “administrator”. He will be monitoring everything moving forward, and he is also a motorsports enthusiast. He is also interested in photography.

With all that said, I want to thank you all for being the best group of people around! This community is definitely unique and the last few years have been great! I appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm and commitment to making VN750.com one of the most vibrant and helpful communities I’ve ever had the pleasure of being a part of. I am looking forward to an even better community moving forward.

Thank you, everyone, for the memories. Here’s to many more years of success for VN750.com!

Keep the shiny side up!

Anthony “DMAG”

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Anthony there is no doubt you would do what is best for this forum, it is afterall your "baby". You got it to where it is and we are all greatful.

Jon

·
Registered
796 Posts
Thank you DMAG for your years of making this site what it is, along with other members. I have only been here for a short period of time but from the start I said that this site is awsome and you and the generously helpful members on here make it that way.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Thanks for all you've done and for handing it over to competent folks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just want to put it out there that this sight rocks! and thanks to you, DMAG, and everybody else that have helped make it that way. With the help of this website and of course a little wrench time, I know my bike in and out, which makes me love it that much more. I know with the participation from all the members on here, this site will continue being the best.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
From one who's been here since the start of it all, you've done the site well, DMAG!! (and of course you too Dianna!!) :smiley_th:smiley_th:smiley_th
We can only hope VS can fill your shoes. And since you have good things to say about them, they must be worthy of the position.

So, here's to the handing over of the badge to the new Sheriff, to Vertical Scope.

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet. :beerchug:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Thanks for all you have done DMAG and Dianna. I`m looking forward to many more years of gleaning info from this group.
A new sherriff eh,... you sure his name isn`t Faron (Young that is, for any not conversant with country music from the late 1950`s to about 1990.)

·
Administrator
364 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Dwayn here from motorcycle.com. I will be joining the admin team here and look forward to learning from you all and having some fun.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to chat about anything.

Thanks.
Dwayn

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Anthony, thanks for everything. This site has been exceedingly useful and fun for me. And I'm deeply appreciative that it will continue.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I know that the site is in very capable hands now and that is the most important thing for me. Having the backing of Dwayn, motorcycle.com and the great tech group of VS is like doing the Grambo trick on the website! :)

I'm really looking forward to great things for VN750.com and all of you.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Thanks a lot DMAG

DMAG - Thank you for a wonderful and informative site. I think that you have done a great job. I wish you the same success in your future endeavors!

Dianna - Glad you're staying! Someone's gotta keep Dwayn in line!

Dwayn - You have got some big shoes to fill! But welcome, you have just joined a very unique forum. I'd like to think that your new job is like hitting the proverbial jackpot for professional forum administrators. And on that point, can you start with a more colorful call sign? (I guess "administrator" says it all, huh?) On a more serious note: Can you give us an idea of the future direction that VS is planning to take vn750.com?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Thank you for all you have done DMAG and Dianna. You guys created one of the most wonderful spaces on the web and did it with a lot of class. Wishing you a great deal of luck and success in the future.

Welcome Dwayne, hopefully we can grow to be as fond of you as we all are of Anthony.

Dianna, super happy to have you staying with us.

·
Registered
401 Posts
X2 on the thank you's Dmag. Dianna glad you're still here. Dwayn welcome to the site.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is it just my imagination or are there more advertisements now on the site? I don't mind them, and fully understand the need for them to help pay the expenses of running such a wonderfully useful site. Just wondering if others have noticed.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Oh yeah.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
first thing I noticed was the ads, as long as they dont slow the forum down and helps keep it going so be it, and at least they look like they are bike related!
dmag, good luck with your future plans and hope you pop in from time to time but I cant believe you couldnt hold out till that 10,000th member which at the rate we're growing won't be long, wow 10,000 vn 750 riders!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. The site is going to stay, and that's what's important. I don't blame anyone for running ads to get revenue. You gotta pay for bandwidth, and when a site gets as much traffic as this one gets, that's not cheap. There's also plenty of time involved in maintenance and upgrades. DMAG already said he put more time in on the site than he did on his bike. Although, I think if he had gone the ad route, he might have been able to generate enough revenue to maybe even make it a full-time job keeping the site up. Can't say for sure, because I don't know the site stats.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.