Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was drivin down the freeway its raining btw everythng was good i stopped to use the restroom... got back on the bike and the neutral light didnt work but the bike fired right up i went to get on the free way she coughed through the carb...(rear) and she wouldnt rev up so i idled her to the next exit and limped her home... while on the side of the freeway ad rollin about 25 i flipped on my hazzards and the bike started surging with the hazard lights.... I get off the free way and i notice that if i can get her to rev the lblinker would blink really fast (like 3 times the speed as if i had a bad bulb ) seemed to be relitive to RPMs . i get her home and she sputtered again i shut her down and she fired right up and all the idiot neutral and oil lights came on when i turned the key on...(not runnin)( apears to be normal... ) i'm gonna start chasin stuff but im lost at wear to start i was thinking fuel for a moment but with all the electrical glitches im guessin it there somewhere if the rectifier goes out what happens?

·
Registered
659 Posts
This happened to me one time. Started it up, no neutral light, running like crap. Didn't try the flashers. Anyway, I pulled over, turned it off, turned it back on, everything's cool. It has never happened again. I decided that somehow I must have not quite gotten the key turned to the on position, and not everything was connecting. Here's hoping it was just my gremlin that found you for a while and has now moved on.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
sounds a lot like the ignition switch is worn or dirty contacts in the switch. Flipping it off and on seams to have sort of cured you problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sounds like some of the rain found a way to short part of your electrics out, linking the ignition circuit to the indicator circuit. Once its dry the bike will work fine again. It may never happen again.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bikes running great infact the missing at 6k went away unfortunatly i need a new air filter pod because i blew the top off the uni filter i was thinkin k and N but insure on the part number was also lookin through some threads and saw that one needed to be angled to fit under the tank?? if anyone has a link that would be great

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ignition switch is a 10 min job - unscrew, pop it apart, sand, grease, and pop it back together. If you use the dialectic grease to hold everything in place, it goes back together real easy.

I'm going to try the emgos from Z1 when I shave - lance has a link, I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts