Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

The Wolfie Run - 7/28-7/30, 2017

16K views 149 replies 14 participants last post by  ruger 
#1 ·
well, it's that time of year, time to make plans for trips for this summer.....

A few of us have been discussing a trip to gather at a central location for a weekend gathering, and we have decided to call it "The Wolfie Run" in honor of our late friend, "Wolfie".

we have decided on the place and dates.....

Please consider joining us at "The Rough Cut Lodge" on Rt6 in Gaines, PA., for a social gathering that we are planning on the weekend of July 28-30, 2017.

This is an open invitation to anyone interested in joining us or to just stop for the day and say hello to some members that you may or may not have met in person. we've booked the "Lodge" for two nights, July 28 & July 29, (that's the last Friday/Saturday of July).

https://roughcutlodge.com/

Reactions: Paulywog
#2 ·
can't wait.hopefully when it gets warm my 400 will be together and I can take a Sunday to scope out the area a little

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paulywog
#3 ·
I can't wait either, wife is coming this time too. Sounds like a good time.

#10 ·
I am looking forward to seeing everyone again...and am hoping some new people can stop in and visit as well. PA, North and South Jersey, and NYC folks should seriously consider this trip!!

There are plenty of places to stay for the night in the general area if needed,
Pegs down....ride safe everyone!

#12 ·
I'll go through the maps I'll bet I can find it.got nothing better to do with all this ****ing snow.lol

#13 ·
It was where 144 and 44 met up, thats where the detour was which took us all down 144 to Renovo, then we hit Hyner Run Road and connected to 44 which later turned into that dirt road and then came back to the detour spot. Oh the memories.

#16 ·
hope so,I'd love to finally meet" the surprise guest"wink wink nudge nudge say no more[emoji6]

#18 ·
riddle me this,riddle me that,I take it then it's not" The Mouth of the South"?

#19 ·
surprise! :surprise::laugh: no, but some one just as good! :grin2:

I don't think "The Mouth of the South", knows of this ride yet. you know, he doesn't call, he doesn't write, nothing! I'm starting to think he's another one (among others) that just doesn't like me any more! :frown2:

#20 ·
surprise! :surprise:[emoji23] no, but some one just as good! :grin2:

I don't think "The Mouth of the South", knows of this ride yet. you know, he doesn't call, he doesn't write, nothing! I'm starting to think he's another one (among others) that just doesn't like me any more too! :frown2:
nah I don't think that is it.he's probably busy.

#23 ·
ok, as of right now, there is 11 people going and the 12th is in if they can get the time off of work. but, they won't know until it gets closer.

so, anyone else interested? if so, don't be shy, speak up. :smile2:

#25 ·
I might be up for this! I will have to figure out my work schedule. The end of July is a little to far away to figure out right now. Maybe by the end of June i would know.

#31 ·
I've been looking and how would a 17 Mile 1/2 hr ride to the PA Grand Canyon sound. Check out this view

Reactions: ruger
#32 · (Edited)
now that's what I'm talking about! :rockon::pepper:

I have no problem hiking a mile to see some of those sights form those heights! but, then again, that's just me. :grin2:

I would love to get up there early in the morning and see the mist. but, I don't really see that happening.....not with the crew we have going on this trip. :wink2: >:)

#40 · (Edited)
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I've been having the itch for a few days now. Not to mention, the wife has been just about a beach on wheels (or should I say NO WHEELS!) Lately! Ugh, we've got the (no riding ) summer time blues!

I just keep thinking about this trip. It feels like it's SO far away. But I know damn well it will be here soon enough and over way to fast! BLAST!

#41 ·
Rode my goldwing about 15 feet down the driveway today with no throttle cable,so I knowhow ya feel

#42 ·
So we're 60 Days away and counting....... Any more takers on the meet up?
Thought this thread deserve another bump.
:motorcycl:motorcycl:motorcycl:motorcycl:motorcycl

#46 · (Edited)
That's cool. Keep us updated.
As right now, I believe, KC & Jill the Pill (his wife), will riding in on Friday and Doc is riding in on Saturday, because he can't get the time off work on Friday. :frown2:
So, depending on what day you are looking at riding in you maybe able to hook up with some one.

#54 ·
Any one from the Cincinnati-Dayton area riding up? I've only had my Vulcan 750 9 months, been riding before I was old enough to drive. Just not sure about the bike long distance, plus its more fun to ride along someone.

Would it be a fashion faux-pas to show up with the wife chasing in the minivan? I have 3 kids that would enjoy this place from what I've seen in the pictures.

#55 ·
all are welcome.

as far as the mini van with wife and kids in tow.......it wouldn't be the first time............although, the "kids" were old enough to drink! lol

it is really nice out that way.

yes, it's always more fun when you have some one to ride with.

we (The Buckeye Bunch) plan on taking/riding most of RT6 through PA. we went that way last year and enjoyed it very much. it's a nice laid back kind of road/ride.

#58 ·
oh, I'm not worried about you Doc.......:wink2:>:)

We plan on leaving Friday morning so the wife & I should get there before noon. Probably show up right at lunch like I did the last time. Wife's getting really excited and that gets me excited too.
the Buckeye Bunch, will also be leaving early on Friday morning. but just like last time, we won't be getting there until some time in the evening. we have a long way to ride. we also will be making a few stops along the way. like hitting the armory(a really cool place we found by accident on last years trip), hitting a "dice" stop, stopping some where for lunch (we gotta feed the "Foodies") and of course stopping for gas. so yeah, it will be an all day ride again. :smile2:

oh boy, people are getting excited. that sheet is contagious! :pepper::wink2:

#57 ·
We plan on leaving Friday morning so the wife & I should get there before noon. Probably show up right at lunch like I did the last time. Wife's getting really excited and that gets me excited too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.