Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It may be cold and snowy outside, but who says you can't have any fun with your VN750?

Curl up with your laptop in your warm, cozy bed and read the Vulcan Verses in preperation for the 2007 riding season. There are literally TONS (trust me I weighed it) of useful information regarding maintenance, upkeep, modifications and troubleshooting.

So the weather outside is frightful, but make the next riding season delightful! Read the VULCAN VERSES!​

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Check it out, DMAG is a poet too...:beerchug: :notworthy :motorcycl

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Just don't ask him to sing !!

LOL

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Hay I know that one

·
Registered
699 Posts
lmao I rode my bike to Nantucket...and that was all I could think of

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Hey DMAG, just throwing an idea at you for the home page. How bout doing a featured bike of the month photo on the front page with small two sentance description. You could do a drawing of active member names or do a monthly photo contest where everyone votes or something. Just a thought.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
That is a good Idea, They do that on the VROC sight, Automaticaly picks 2 bikes a day and puts them up with a short description.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey DMAG, just throwing an idea at you for the home page. How bout doing a featured bike of the month photo on the front page with small two sentance description. You could do a drawing of active member names or do a monthly photo contest where everyone votes or something. Just a thought.
I like the idea! So much that I already coded the forum for it (great minds think alike!) Look for it towards the end of this month. ;)

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a good Idea, They do that on the VROC sight, Automaticaly picks 2 bikes a day and puts them up with a short description.
My thought is a monthly contest, with the membership picking the winner.

Thoughts everybody?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Random pick, that way everybody will have the same chance and no hurt feelings.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Great idea folks !! :beerchug: :motorcycl

Would it help if we all did a sentence or two write-up on our bike that can go with it?
Maybe make a special album for this so the write-up can be added in the comment section with the picture of the bike.
Or could it work so you'd add the pic and write-up in your profile somehow?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Random might be the way to go. I think that's how they do it on VROC. Only problem is that some members might not have very good pics of their bikes already posted. Maybe the random pick could come a few weeks ahead of the posting so the member could make sure they had a good pic or two submitted for it? I don't know... Or make a section where members can submit their short writeup and photo to be used in the random pick. Maybe add a section for it in the User CP section, where no one else can see it, like Hyper suggested??

With 1400 plus members, of all the active ones we could probably do a bike of the week, unless it's too much work for DMAG!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's how its done on the other site I run

About ten days before the end of the month, the membership puts in nominations for the "member of the month". (I use a form that is connected to the username database so if you can't remember how a user spells their name, it "suggests" the correct username for you based on what you are typing...)

After about five days, I take the four members with the most nominations and create a poll that lasts around 5 days that everyone votes on.

The winner writes up a few paragraphs and include a few pictures which is posted in the "Winner's Forum". (Check out their write-ups HERE).

I kinda like the membership voting on a winner. It doesn't have to be about who has the "best or shiniest" bike, but who helps out the most when others have problems or questions and is just an all around great person. I think that is the true meaning of a "Member of the Month" type contest.

I have it on the other site that members can only be nominated once a year so the same people aren't always winning.

Thoughts? I don't have much for prizes right now, but winners can get a additional rank banner (Kinda like the Site Supporter banners by your username) indicating that they were a winner as well as additional picture storage, etc...and of course their picture on the homepage for a month!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Actually it's not a cop trunk. I just had it on the cop bike before I bought the Vulcan. :D For me it's a bare necessity as I'm always having to carry a lot of gear with my job. I work between two sites as sys admin and have laptop and gobs of other stuff that I keep with me all the time. I bought a laptop backpack that I can squeeze all my gear into and it just barely squeezes into the trunk and it still closes. And if I have to get stuck carrying extra stuff back with me, I can put the backpack on and use the trunk for the stuff. (or if my wife calls and has a grocery list...)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts