Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enough threadjacking Kanuck's video post ...

Thought I might be the first to video this road, ha! Many pages of results....
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=route+555+ohio&oq=route+555&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l2.1933018.1952950.0.1954849.9.9.0.0.0.0.503.2470.0j4j2j0j2j1.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.ltNoygkD9yM

The whole route in 8 min time lapse. The video doesn't really capture the twists and elevation changes, but most riders can get a feel. From Kanuck's end at Zanesville to my end at US50/Ohio Rt 7 at Little Hocking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rAViB_hGxc

If you get this far, turn left at the stop sign at the end, go 1/2 mile to the next exit right and follow US50 to the new Corridor D bridge, the newest, longest, flattest, smoothest bridge over the Ohio river and Blennerhassett Island which then spits you off into the smooth and twisty roller coaster slab called Corridor D. You might also want to stop at Fort Boreman Park a couple of miles from the Corridor D/Blennerhassett bridge.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all fun for me. The corridor runs a few miles then crosses I-77 to US50, and then the possibilities are endless. I'd have a hard time telling you which turns to take next, but I know where some of the new pavement is around here.

One of the bridges in the Ft. Boreman pic leads to Rt.14 North, which turns into 7 lanes of the busiest road in the state of WV. About that time the James Bond theme starts on my pod. Let the stoplight drags and dodgem' begin! lol All those mall shoppers, ya know.

I can PM my cell number, any time it's not too cold or wet .... The rut is starting and the cornfields are full of deer herds, heads up.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
well, this is what I can tell you about the "Triple Nickle"......from Zanesville, Ohio, to Little Hocking, Ohio, it's around 65 miles and would be around an 1 1/2 hr ride. so, an 8 minute video is just got to be some of the high lights. lol

also, from Zanesville, to little Hocking, that is were all best roads for riding are at! you would be hard pressed to find better roads anywhere else in this state.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's time lapse. My friend's place is right at 8:00, but is between frames and you don't see it, and it's a good ten miles from my end of 555. Didn't know how lucky I was, I have to go that way all the time.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rt 124 and Rt 144 at/near Little Hocking along the Ohio should be awesome if it's still in good shape. Haven't been through there for a while. So close to the water, it's in the water sometimes.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Done. PM sent. Use those numbers too, if you're ever stuck over this way, have trailer, will travel.

Cell service is sketchy on 555, have to get on a hilltop farm. I lose service about 3 miles out 555.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Yeah, we're definitely going to have to get together & do some ridding!
Send me your number & ill hit you up next time I get out for a ride
well, you already have my #. but it doesn't matter.....I'm still "grounded"! lol :(

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
68 degrees tomorrow, think I might have to ride!

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New Blacktop!

Heads up! The 10 miles on the south end, toward the Ohio river, has all new blacktop now. :motorcycl

The strip paving, lumps, bumps, and cow poop stains are all gone. For now at least, the centerline reflectors are gone too. :motorcycl

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Hey , I've been checking in every now and then to creep on you all but this ride interests me ! I am about an hour and a half From you Spockster and I am hoping for some more decent days this fall so let me know if this happens, Kanuck and Ruger have my numbers and I'll pm them to you too, Spockster if you're interested.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,209 Posts
Hey , I've been checking in every now and then to creep on you all but this ride interests me ! I am about an hour and a half From you Spockster and I am hoping for some more decent days this fall so let me know if this happens, Kanuck and Ruger have my numbers and I'll pm them to you too, Spockster if you're interested.
I thought somebody was watching me.;)cool that I'm not paranoid. How have ya been?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I thought somebody was watching me.;)cool that I'm not paranoid. How have ya been?
I'm doing alright Doc, it's been a weird summer for sure. You're not paranoid if they are watching you:grin2:

Just don't know many on here anymore, scuds of newbs around with the same questions I've seen for years on here. Good to hear from the ODD one too, later man.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey denny6006,
Don't forget about me! I wouldn't mind going for a ride.
Maybe we can get Ruger, Kanuck and Ryan, to hookup and head south.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last week, I was about to start asking if anyone had heard from you.

If you give me a little notice, I'll try to be up for a ride. (might have to rest up for it) Have roofers showing up tomorrow morning though.

We're supposed to get some good weather, been frosty the past three mornings. Warming trend this week, leaves aren't changing a lot yet.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Missed a poker run over at Beverly, Oh today, too cold and didn't warm up until 3:00.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They're saying the leaf color is about 60-70% now, was out 555 yesterday and the yellows are really poppin'. Met a few strings of 8-10 bikes each.

The pavers goofed on some of the paving, but they do have signs up. The southbound lane is 2" higher near the centerline for a stretch. Been about three weeks since they've done anything, not sure if they'll finish this year or not. They put lines in the center and went home. The twin bridges also have a big bump on each end, the signs that say BUMP, aren't kidding.

My friend is building a house at the 10 mile marker, so that mud in the road belongs to him. It's a test of skill/luck getting a street bike up that driveway right now. :)

My roofers finished up Friday, I'm hoping to get at least one last ride before it's too cold, though I'm not walking very well. Need to get some Seafoam gas into the carbs for winter. Need a few more miles to get the odometer past 19k too.

Still thinkin' about a ride, Denny? .. Kanuck .. Ruger ....

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Heads up! The 10 miles on the south end, toward the Ohio river, has all new blacktop now. :motorcycl

The strip paving, lumps, bumps, and cow poop stains are all gone. For now at least, the centerline reflectors are gone too. :motorcycl
I'm doing alright Doc, it's been a weird summer for sure. You're not paranoid if they are watching you:grin2:

Just don't know many on here anymore, scuds of newbs around with the same questions I've seen for years on here. Good to hear from the ODD one too, later man.
Hey denny6006,
Don't forget about me! I wouldn't mind going for a ride.
Maybe we can get Ruger, Kanuck and Ryan, to hookup and head south.
They're saying the leaf color is about 60-70% now, was out 555 yesterday and the yellows are really poppin'. Met a few strings of 8-10 bikes each.

The pavers goofed on some of the paving, but they do have signs up. The southbound lane is 2" higher near the centerline for a stretch. Been about three weeks since they've done anything, not sure if they'll finish this year or not. They put lines in the center and went home. The twin bridges also have a big bump on each end, the signs that say BUMP, aren't kidding.

My friend is building a house at the 10 mile marker, so that mud in the road belongs to him. It's a test of skill/luck getting a street bike up that driveway right now. :)

My roofers finished up Friday, I'm hoping to get at least one last ride before it's too cold, though I'm not walking very well. Need to get some Seafoam gas into the carbs for winter. Need a few more miles to get the odometer past 19k too.

Still thinkin' about a ride, Denny? .. Kanuck .. Ruger ....

BLAST! the wife and I were just in the Hocking Hills (10/19-10/22). although we took the car, we did think about taking the bikes. we may have even been talked into taking the bikes (hint. hint. :wink2:). the weather down there was just perfect for riding. as for the colors, they were good. they were really nice around Lake Logan (I may post a few pic's I took). we would have loved to hit RT555! but now we are back home and back to busy again! BLAST! :frown2: I don't think we will get anymore rides in this year. I've got to start getting the bikes "put up" for the winter. I don't want to get caught with my pants down like I did last year! :mad: 3 feet of snow by the second weekend of November! WTF?!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts