Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a project I started a cpl weeks ago and it is nearly done. Be done before memorial day. Any questions or thoughts just post it. Here's the link to my cloud of pictures.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwkrEL_5zrgPU25lZHVCQVJrT0U

Originally I was going for a brat style but when I look at the bike I don't really see a brat. Though there are a few more things I need to do to this before it is finished. Also I put factory pro stage 3 carb tuning kit in this and that is F***ING awsome, as long as you tune it right, which I did.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the gas tank is from a 72 or 74 suzuki gt380. After buying it I found out about the air brushed pirate ship on it. Decided to keep it. Unique. The banna seat and subframe came from California from a Co called SKO Custom. I replaced the coolant tank with the stainless puke tube mounted on the radiator side. I plan on putting my left exhaust right through where the old coolant tank was located. Never seen anyone do that. I have a black oil breather canister on the left front side so I could get rid of the dumb plastic air intake thing we have. Not doing a normal ear shave. Air intake will come from under my seat once I build that section. The handlebar came from china or japan as did that brake light/license light, and turn signals. Get it where the bike is originally made right? Yellow tinted the headlight, used film and it was a pain to do. Bought one of the led fuses ppl on here recommend. Works well enough. They blink as normal ones do, just not in sync.

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Great pics and super project... although guilty as charged, I try not to pigeon hole a bike into any "category", your bike does ooze cafe racer/brat style, personally I love it. Looking forward to seeing this build progression, best of luck with it :)

Gaz

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
Sweet

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha. Everyone wants the stang. One question I have rolling around. Right now I have no actual air filter on. I literally have hamster tubs with metal mess screen in place up between the tank. Sounds way different that way, unexpected I'd say. To get the most cold air I am guessing that's not a good spot and also guessing I should put proper air filters on too right?

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
My butt hurts just looking at that seat. Great looking bike, though.

Reactions: thtanner

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Great vid, as you say just comestic stuff now. Maybe a solution to the bungee cord tank would be a leather strap, like some of the old time bikes, would fit in well with your build... just a thought.

Attachments

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Find a Kawasaki emblem and cut it in half, same with the Suzuki one.

Kawazuki !

Reactions: ridgegilt

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
To each his own but turning a decent look bike into cafe's or anything like it was never my cup of tea. Looks good for what your trying to make it though.

Reactions: WilliamTech

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought of that. Right to it saying kawazuki. Haven't looked on ebay for used ones yet. New emblems cost too muh for just some plastic.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The leather strap idea had come to mind and I had bought leather. Have it in different width strips but the leather and blue are hard to work togther to look right.

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
The leather strap idea had come to mind and I had bought leather. Have it in different width strips but the leather and blue are hard to work togther to look right.
I agree that brown/tan leather may not look right with blue, however black leather would look fine with blue.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll get it sussed whatever direction you go.

Keep the pictures/videos coming, I'm really enjoying this build :smiley_th

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just want to say that as I'm progressing through my vn750 cafe build, I want my bike to come out looking like yours. Amazing job, friend. If I have any questions along the way, can I come to you for help? :D

As a preliminary question, what handlebars are those?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts