Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to document my obsessive fiddling with this bike. I bought it a couple months ago for $600 like this:

I not one for a windshield, bags, or sissy bar so I removed those, shaved the seat down, and found someone with some 7/8 ATV handlebars they were selling locally for $20

One night I drank/got bored and took the back section of the frame off. At some point around this time I also lowered it with Boulevard shocks and added a 115db air horn.

I also chopped the rest fender down and tried chopping down the seat further but didn’t get the look I wanted.

I then started messing around with the original Kawasaki tongue and a Boulevard seat that I chopped up. There is a local indoor motorcycle salvage yard here that has everything someone would want to Frankenstein their scoot.

Got some plastic and rivets

Did some shaving

And tada! A seat. I still didn’t like it though. That Boulevard seat is WIDE. I cut about 2” from the width and 1” from the height to tuck it into the 750 frame better.

I found a guy who was selling a Sportster exhaust for $20 locally and snagged that up and installed it. It was popping like crazy after installing the Sportster pipes and I found the marbling procedure on here and that took care of it.

After all the random stuff I’ve thrown on it, Muttley seemed like an appropriate name. Found this sticker on Amazon to commemorate the christening.

This is the state it is in today. I could not have done all of these things without lurking on this forum, I hadn’t even touched a motorcycle before two months ago. Thanks for all of your accumulated wisdom everyone!

This weekend it is getting different turn signals and tail lights, the pipes painted black (high heat paint), the coil mod done, and an ear shave. Then rejecting in the future. It’s also getting paint as soon as I feel like pulling it apart for a while. Probably this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Looks like the seat turned out ok. I spotted a solo seat with backrest that might've gone good on that.

Boulevard seats are definitely w i d e.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts