Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty cool!
Instead of going upwards at the ears, can you go straight forward and wrap down the back side of the radiator? Same towards the back, go downwards? Kinda circle the motor more?
I thought about that, and I'm not sure how well this LED strip will handle heat. I bought it at Walmart around Christmas for ten bucks. Also, you can't see it in the picture, but it goes around the other side, following the same path. It's only 6 feet long, so I'm sort of limited going front and back, on both sides.

I thought about ordering another one, though. Still available online. They have the battery powered one (like mine) that uses 3 AA batteries. Here's the link to that one, if you're interested. Forgot to mention, it has motion sensor mode. Turns off when not in motion, comes back on when the red light you're stuck at changes...

Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Web page

Here's a link for the one that's USB powered. And a pic:

Light Product Font Screenshot Electronic device

The remote:

Communication Device Gadget Clock Office equipment Font

Funny that the USB one is cheaper by half.

What about maybe on the sides of the radiator cover? That might not be too hot. For now, It's gonna be kind of limited where I can run it due to how short it is. Any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have those lights in my daughters room around the perimeter of her ceiling. They look cool but they are really brittle. Not sure how well they’d hold up to the elements and the heat and vibration of the bike.
I’m sure you also can find something that will tie into the battery.
I suppose I'm lucky then. Not sure if you saw this:
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

Had the led strip on the guitar for months, then took it off and coiled it around a plastic coffee container. It sat like that for another few months, and then I slapped it on the bike last night.

Now, I also have nine of these things. (Three of red, green and blue.)

Green Street light Automotive lighting Lighting Electricity

They were $1.19 at Wal-Mart at Christmastime. They're LED as well, and run on two AA batteries. (3.0 volts)

Despite being inexpensive, they measure over 7 feet long, and they're stout. (If I use these instead, I'll enclose the entire length of it in transparent heat-shrink tubing.) I disassembled the battery compartment to see if there was any electrical components inside, other than the switch. There is none. Which means, I could easily solder two or three of these together. I left one turned on with a fresh pair of Energizers and it stayed bright and only began to dim after day five. Finally died on day seven.

Anyway, so I'm not sure which way would be best. But it's kind of cool to have options.

Can't wait to order a new helmet and light it up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts