Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all....

Bad news to report....Driving home tonight on the Mistress from work, and a CAGER makes an illegal left turn in front of me. We both went down, and I faired better than the bike.:wow:

List of damage::mad:

Tank
Right ear
Right head pipe
Foot brake lever
Rear cylinder spark plug
Belt from my jacket

I will know more when the light is on the bike in the morning.

My only injuries are some road rash on my right elbow and sore right shoulder.

Worst part: the driver helps me get the bike off the road, and asks me if I am OK. I say the bike is messed up, and he says; "You messed my car up a bit."

After I informed him that he made a left turn in front of me, he GOT IN HIS CAR AND TOOK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:loser1:

At least I can repair the bike.

Guy does not want to cross my path again....(I will say no more on that one)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Did you get his plates?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think he had a temp tag in the window, no plate on the back of the car.:doh:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Wow, that sucks Warlord. Is there any chance your description of the car to the police will help them find the guy?
I`m glad you came out of the mishap with only light injuries.

I`m surprised that you can ride in Denver in December. Don`t you have snow there yet?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Man that sucks... wish he can be found somehow! Glad you're mainly ok though.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Glad your ok. That guy needs to be thinned from the gene pool. Stay strong brother. I might have a right ear you could have. Im not sure about the rubber intake on the rt side though.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Sorry to hear about that $#!*. That's worse than the jerk that ran me off the road. I can't believe he stopped & then took off. What an A$$.

I've got a set of plugs you can have & I think I still have the rubber from my ears. I'll check & let you know. Certainly you can have them for the cost of shipping. Hit me up with a pm if you want them.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I have a foot brake lever you can have for shipping.

Did you notify the police and your insurance company?

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I say lock that immature, cowardly, solipsistic weakling in a room with me for 5 minutes and call it a day. You don't run from the things you've done, you face up to them. I abhor cowardice.

Sorry to hear it man, but glad you're almost 100%. Sounds like the bike took the brunt of the physical trauma which is better than you taking it. Rest up for now. I really hope they find that pathetic peice of you-know-what.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Police were called. Good reason...OK bad reason...Have yet to get my endorsement. Have insurance, won't file for same reason. Least he could have done was offer to pay for his mistake. It was in the mid 60's yesterday, and supposed to be there again today.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
No Police were called. Good reason...OK bad reason...Have yet to get my endorsement. Have insurance, won't file for same reason. Least he could have done was offer to pay for his mistake. It was in the mid 60's yesterday, and supposed to be there again today.
One more reason to fully licenced I guess. Sure it takes some time and hassle to take the test, but it gives you peace of mind if the police must be called.

Did you try to exchange any contact information with him?
Did he leave before or after learning you didn`t want to call the police?
If he knew you didn`t want to call them, he probably figured he could leave without any danger of you coming after him or his insurance later for compensation.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did not get the chance. I was on the phone as soon I got the bike to the side of the road, and he left in a hurry. Never said anything about not calling the police.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First off, thanks to all who have contacted me about the parts I need. I am indeed grateful.

On the off chance, I went to a local salvage yard and loe and behold they had all the parts except the brake pedal and the clutch lever safety switch. The tank I picked up was $100, but clean inside and no dents!!! Plugs and some welding for the new head pipe and I could ride this thing!!(Of course, will have to give this tank the paint it needs to match, but it works for now).

:rockon::motorcycl:beerchug:

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
glad to hear you got the parts.. my offer on a brake pedal still stands... just let me know... i however do not have a clutch safety switch readily available...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem, slim, I was just going to replace it since mine was broke all summer. She rides well without it.:smiley_th

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update....

:rockon: Bike is finally up and running!!! Got her together Sunday afternoon, and took a shakedown ride. Stopped by the local watering hole with my brother, felt good to get in the wind again:beerchug:All I have to do is make a couple of minor adjustments, and paint and it will be like it never happened.:smiley_th:beerchug:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Alright!! Back on two wheels and spring is here. Glad to hear The Mistress is bringing you joy again.:smiley_th:pepper:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:wow:Well, came up with another problem today. Was riding on a city street, having a good ride, when all of a sudden the mistress starts bucking and slowing down, so I turned into a gas station parking lot. Died right there, and nothing: no lights, fan, flashers, NOTHING!!!!!!:wow:

Tuns out the ignition switch is to blame ( the electrical portion, anyway). pulled apart and cleaned, the check ball was out of posistion. Runs now, but switch is still VERY touchy. May have to find the electrical part of the switch, but at least I can ride!!!:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts