Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A buddy and I are planning a trip to Lexington Kentucky on June 8th of this year. The ride consists of 4 day rides beginning and ending at the red roof in south Lexington, Ky. Friday the 9th will be the first ride. We will be heading in all 4 directions and each day will be around 175 miles. Red river gorge is on the trip. Each night we will be back at the red roof inn so no dragging your luggage around. Heck, we may even be visited by a fine southern gentleman that we all know and love. No not colonel Sanders. Just throwing it out there for those of you close by or wanting a destination to ride to. Not a gathering, just a ride.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
DENNY DENNY DENNY DENNY DENNY DENNY DENNY DENNY DENNY

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
well, well, well.......you gonna meet up with the "Mouth of the South" are you?! :surprise::wink2::smile2: when you do, tell him you had no problem "whipping yourselves across that river", unlike those silly Buckeyes. :wink2: he should get a kick out of that.

well, good for you. we (some of the Buckeye Bunch) were just talkin about your trip to Lexi. yeah, I'm jelly, I would love to see the Red River Gorge again (and Denny for that matter). you guys should look into taking a trip down the Red River, via kayak or canoe. you'd have the time. the Gorge is only about a hour east of Lexi. but if you're not into the water sports, then I would strongly suggest taking the "Sky lift" up to the top of the Gorge and while up there on top, check out "lovers Leap" and the "Natural Bridge". it awesome! worth ever penny paid for the lift ticket. :grin2: also, if you go up there if you look hard enough, you just may find something that the wife left behind while we were up there a few years ago. I'll give you a hint on where to look.....it's near a shelter. hee. hee. if you find it, take a picture and then email it to me. just make sure to get a round trip lift ticket. because hiking back down is one hell of a hike! :laugh: and don't forget to stop by "Woody's Sports Bar & Grill" in Winchester, KY.! tell Woody, the Buckeyes say "Hello".

I wish you a safe and fun trip. and knowing that you are form MI., you should have no problem getting across that river at the bottom of Ohio. :doh: lol

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember the river replay. Not positive Denny will be there, he said he'd try. Good suggestions about the gorge. we'll see what happens. The magazine is Road Runner. They have a bunch of rides already planned out. Pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not long now. Hoping the weather cooperates. We are trailering my bike and taking turns riding a trike to speed up travel time. Wanted to speak back and forth while driving and came up with a sena BT10 for the cage driver. Also found a cigar bar just 12 miles from our motel. Woo Hoo! Hope to see anyone looking for a few great rides.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
I remember the river replay. Not positive Denny will be there, he said he'd try. Good suggestions about the gorge. we'll see what happens. The magazine is Road Runner. They have a bunch of rides already planned out. Pretty cool.
speaking of Denny6006.......
just an FYI for all.......Denny just got back home from a nice little vacation in the hospital. :surprise: he says he's all good now and they now know what is going on with him. there is a long post on FB about all of it.
bottom line is, he's ok and should be ok as long as he takes care of himself.

Not long now. Hoping the weather cooperates. We are trailering my bike and taking turns riding a trike to speed up travel time. Wanted to speak back and forth while driving and came up with a sena BT10 for the cage driver. Also found a cigar bar just 12 miles from our motel. Woo Hoo! Hope to see anyone looking for a few great rides.

trailering your bike and taking turns on the trike to speed up travel time? interesting. let me know how that works out for you.

Sena BT10?......Hmmm....I could have used one of these last year on our trip to TN.!:doh:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
tell Denny I said hello and said a prayer for him

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great! Got stuck in Cincinnati in a traffic jam on a hot day. But made good time overall. Went to the gorge and did the bourbon trail. Great twisty's and very little traffic. Finding places to eat was tough and of course a lot of dry counties. It was nice having the truck down there for dinner. After a long day straddling the bike it was nice to sit on a seat. The intercom work good but it's not made for long distance and it worked best with the bike in front of the truck. All in all another fun trip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts